Supervised by the Extension Forest Resources Specialist, this person assists in the planning, organizing, coordinating and evaluation of assigned marketing and educational program(s) for the UNH Cooperative Extension Forest Stewardship Area.
Acceptable Minimum Qualifications
1. A Bachelor's degree, preferably in forestry, wildlife, environmental conservation, or related field.
2. Two years of experience in planning, organizing and coordinating educational programs.
3. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
4. Strong administrative ability.
5. Proficient in Microsoft applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint) with an emphasis on the structure and function of Access databases.
6. Valid driver's license.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
1. Familiarity with New Hampshire forestry and wildlife agencies, organizations and businesses.
2. Familiarity with other computer programs a plus (e.g., Druple web editing software, suite of Adobe software, ArcGIS, GPS and mapping software).
Additional Job Information:
1. Collect necessary reporting data, compile, analyze and develop reports under direction of supervisor in preparation for cooperating agencies and organizations.
2. Maintain necessary records and files.
1. Develop and maintain exhibits, displays and other outreach materials.
2. Maintain, update and develop content for the Forest Stewardship Area's website, facebook, twitter and other social media under direction of supervisor.
3. Conduct public outreach and marketing on behalf of the Forest Stewardship Area in coordination with staff in the program area, UNH Departments with subject matter expertise, and UNHCE communication and marketing staff (e.g., via news releases, web presence, brochures, etc).
1. Coordinate the Forestry Information Center, including answering inquiries via phone, email and written correspondence, making appropriate referrals to UNH Cooperative Extension resources such as the Plant and Arthropod Diagnostic Labs, the Education Center and other staff.
2. Participate in the collection of data and/or conduct of surveys on program activities for evaluation purposes.
3. Assist in the organization and delivery of seminars and workshops.
4. Assist in developing, designing, writing and editing brochures, reports and other educational materials for publication and distribution.
1. Maintain databases necessary for reporting.
2. Provide staff technical support as needed.
1. Perform related duties as assigned.
2. Participate in professional development to maintain and enhance skills needed to perform the job.
Applicants should be prepared to upload the following required documents when applying online: cover letter, resume and three (3) professional references contact information.
Is this position responsible for the supervision of staff?
No, this position is not responsible for supervision
If yes, what kind of staff does this person supervise?
Does not apply
Background check may be required prior to employment.
The University of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution. The university seeks excellence through diversity among its administrators, faculty, staff, and students. The university prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status. Application by members of all underrepresented groups is encouraged.
Additional Salary Information:
Salary is complemented by a generous benefits package which includes medical, dental, retirement, tuition and paid time off.
Demonstrate effective interpersonal verbal and written skills. Make effective and innovative use of media and computer technologies in educational program development and delivery and in disseminating information to Extension staff, the public and program partners. Maintain, update and develop content for the Forest Stewardship Area's website, facebook, twitter and other social media under direction of supervisor.
Assist in developing, designing, writing and editing brochures, reports and other educational materials for publication and distribution.
Coordinate the Forestry Information Center, including answering inquiries via phone, email and written correspondence, making appropriate referrals to UNH Cooperative Extension resources such as the Plant and Arthropod Diagnostic Labs, the Education Center and other staff.
Program Development, Reporting and Evaluation:
Work with supervisor and the team of Extension State and Field Specialists to plan, develop, implement, and evaluate innovative educational outreach and assistance programs in Forest Stewardship.
Work with clientele, local agencies and organizations in educational needs assessment for program development. Participate in the collection of data and/or conduct of surveys on program activities for evaluation purposes.
Cooperate with colleagues to support, develop, implement and report disciplinary and interdisciplinary programs that benefit locally, regionally and statewide.
Prepare appropriate reports required by UNH Cooperative Extension, County Government, partners and funders.
Maintain databases necessary for reporting.
Engagement and Outreach:
Develop and maintain exhibits, displays and other outreach materials.
Assist in the organization and delivery of seminars and workshops.
Working with supervisor, develop and implement county, regional, and statewide marketing strategies to promote UNH CE and its programs in accordance with good public relations and the organization's established marketing policies.
Build and maintain relationships with UNH faculty in relevant disciplines. Develop partnerships with local and state agencies and organizations.
Provide staff technical support as needed.
With approval of supervisor, serve on Extension/UNH committees as time permits and if appropriate.
Provide input into the evaluation of co-workers.
External Funding and Fiscal Management:
Compile and provide data and reporting to State and Field Forestry Specialists for the purposes of maintaining existing grants and funding as well as to support proposals. Assist supervisor with annual and final reporting to funding agencies and partners.
Develop and implement a Professional Development Plan to maintain and enhance competence in appropriate subject areas such as natural resources, forest stewardship and forest health and professional skills such as marketing, communications, education, evaluation, group process and facilitation.
University System of New Hampshire
- 2 years ago - save job