Trulia is an innovative leader in mobile and Internet real estate search. We are a publically traded company (NYSE: TRLA) founded in Silicon Valley and backed by Sequoia and Accel, two of its most successful Venture Capital firms. The company is experiencing rapid growth in consumer traffic, revenues, and market share. On top of all that, we have an incredibly fun & dynamic culture as evidenced by winning the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal’s 2012 Bay Area Best Places to Work.
This position will report to the Senior Director of FP&A at Trulia, and will be the thought partner and finance counterpart to our Chief Marketing Officer (head of our Consumer business unit) in our San Francisco office. The FP&A Director will be responsible for partnering with the Consumer business unit, supporting its planning, forecasting and reporting activities, as well as driving business analysis and strategy for maximal impact. This role will offer the candidate a unique opportunity to impact the future direction of Trulia’s fast growing consumers business.
While our work is serious, we are not. At Trulia, we’re surrounded by people with diverse interests and personalities. From semi-pro athletes, ping-pong phenoms, & avid surfers to chicken farmers, jugglers, thespians, & bakers, we’re all energized, engaged, and happy people with one common focus - to give consumers the inside scoop on finding their next place to live. Trulia offers a fast-paced, fun environment with very sharp motivated people and a great opportunity to learn, grow and succeed.
- Drive the Consumer business unit to better outcomes through clear communication of performance and synthesis of results.
- Partner closely with the CMO to ensure the continued rapid growth of Trulia’s consumer traffic and consumer engagement; build & foster strong relationships with the business unit product and marketing teams.
- Own planning and analysis for business unit KPI’s; drive all planning, forecasting and reporting processes of the business unit, support all such activities of the Company.
- Deliver analytics projects driving key insights for making critical business decisions including but not limited to:
- Consumer related KPI forecasting and identification of key metrics drivers.
- Marketing spend allocation & efficacy.
- Help drive business unit strategic planning for the Consumer business unit with the CMO; support long term corporate strategic planning activities of Trulia Inc.
- Be the subject matter expert on consumer traffic and engagement
- Understand and analyze related market & channel trends and competitive dynamics.
- Drive and improve upon existing weekly, monthly, and annual processes; streamline processes and reduce non value added work.
- Demonstrated industry expertise in Consumer Mobile & Consumer Internet industries.
- In particular, would like to see in-depth understanding of mobile customer acquisition funnel and customer engagement dynamics.
- Prior experiences and expertise in online & mobile marketing performance analytics are a must.
- 12-15 years of increasing responsibilities; experience in finance with a bias towards quantitative analysis and Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Strong proficiency in quantitative analysis and presentation using Excel and PowerPoint.
- Existing familiarity and experiences with consumer analytics tools (e.g. Adobe Omniture) are a must.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills – able to work collaboratively & consultatively with partner business organization as well as with Finance colleagues.
- Ability to self-start and self-direct work in an unstructured environment.
- High energy with superb attention to details, and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent business partnering, influencing and presentation skills.
- Strategy consulting background or experiences in Large High Tech company’s Corporate Strategy teams are a big plus.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent required, preferably in Economics, Business Administration, or Engineering; MBA from a top tier business school is preferred.
Additional notes/Distinctions for the position:
Work Location: San Francisco
lt; 10% of time (potentially travelling 1x per quarter)
Trulia’s close-knit teams of energized & happy brainiacs creatively help people make smarter real estate decisions. This is an...