Why SBM Offshore?
An important question engineering and project professionals ask when looking to expand into a position with another firm: “What separates SBM Offshore from the rest of the competition?”
SBM Offshore does not hire based on single project needs alone. Our 50 year history in the offshore business, record backlog of deepwater projects, and largest lease fleet of floating production systems worldwide ensures long term stability and exciting career growth.
As an engineer, you want to flex your professional “muscles” and handle all phases of a project, but many companies pigeon-hole you into one project phase, limiting your growth and keeping you from your full potential. Not so at SBM Offshore. Our professionals can work on all phases of our projects so you won’t be stuck specializing in one area year after year.
The wide spectrum of industry experience SBM Offshore has means our projects will challenge your abilities to work in ultra-deep water depths with projects that include SPM systems and FPSOs. And SBM Offshore’s research and development team is broadening this product line continually.
SBM Offshore is currently recruiting for an FPSO Delivery Manager for projects involving offshore structures. In this position, the FPSO Delivery Manager will manage and coordinate in detail, all aspects of SBM Offshore projects including commercial, technical, fabrication and schedule from after sales project handover by the Marketing Group, to final invoicing and administrating of project guarantees.
This position requires complete technical familiarity with SBM Offshore's products and services as well as a high level of working knowledge of shipyard, fabrication and machine shop practices, and offshore installation activities. Further it requires the skills, experience and knowledge to develop liaisons, negotiate execute and administer contracts, and generally work with international customers and fabrication facilities.
The FPSO Delivery Manager will be responsible for:
1) Project budget both in controlling in-house man-hours and outside expenditures, including purchasing third party goods and services.
2) Controlling project schedules to ensure timely completion of project milestones, and timely project progress payments.
3) Project administration, including being the designated project contact point for all liaisons with SBM Offshore's customer and with all subcontractors.
4) Directing timely and cost effective vendor purchases, and the timely shipping of all vendor items to job site.
5) Directing and administrating the execution of contracts, and directing the activities of the SBM Offshore site supervisor at the shipyard or installation supervisor at the installation site.
6) Scheduling and cost control of project engineering activities to ensure timely completion of drawings and specifications, as well as resolution of technical inquiries from the field.
7) Ensuring all QA/QC aspects of the works.
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelors Degree in a relevant engineering discipline (Civil, Mechanical, Ocean, Naval Architecture, etc.) with preference given to candidates having an advanced degree and PE’s are preferred. Candidates should have a minimum of 10 to 15 years of experience with FPSO and/or other types of offshore structures. The ideal candidate will have a mixture of experience in fabrication yards and on offshore structures gaining a total understanding of all execution procedures.
Candidates should also have familiarity with National and International Codes and Standards and Classification Society Rules, as well as working knowledge of normal commercial and marine fabrication materials, procedures, and capabilities.
This position requires approximately 30% international travel.
Headquartered in West Houston, SBM Offshore offers excellent benefits, tremendous opportunities for qualified professionals, and competitive salary and benefits packages** (10 holidays, 401(k) Plan, 4-1/2 Day Work week, AD&D, Bonus Plan, Education Reimbursement Program, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Medical and Dental Plans, Short & Long Term Disability Insurance and Employee Stock Purchase Plan). **subject to employment status
The SBM Offshore Group is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
SBM Offshore - 13 months ago