The Front Desk Clerk will serve as ambassador to the hotel handling all check-in and check-outs, answering incoming calls while upholding Guest Service Standards.
- Anticipate guests needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of: a) all hotel features/services, hours of operation. b) all room rates, special packages and promotions. c) daily house count and expected arrivals/departures. d) scheduled daily group activities.
- Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies.
- Keep bank secure at all times.
- Answer department telephone within 3 rings, using correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
- Process all guest check-ins.
- Verify registration card information with the guest.
- Obtain back-up information for guest credit/payment method and input into system; collect cash when designated.
- Direct Bell Person to escort guest and transport their luggage to the room.
- Handle overbooked or walked in guests.
- Accept and record wake-up call requests.
- Monitor, send and distribute guest faxes.
- Communicate pertinent guest information to designated departments/personnel (i.e., special requests, amenity delivery).
- Resolve discrepancies on the room status report with Housekeeping.
- Match the bucket check to in-house guest ledger report; report discrepancies to Manager.
- Process all check-outs.
- Process adjustment vouchers, paid-outs, correction vouchers, miscellaneous charges.
Education & Experience: High school graduate or equivalent vocational training certificate. Compute basic arithmetic. Must have good understanding of the English language. Good communication skills both verbal and written. Provide excellent customer service and maintain a professional demeanor. Ability to input and access information in the property management system/computers/point of sales system. Some college or training in Hospitality Industry. Previous experience as Front Desk Agent. Must be available to work mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Crestline Hotels & Resorts
- 2 years ago - save job