Responsible for registering and assigning rooms to guests.
Provides quotes for room rates and up sells the guest when possible.
Controls and issues keys to rooms and assists in coordinating of the Front Desk and the Housekeeping Department.
Determines if the guest is eligible for credit.
Verifies that the correct charges and credits are posted to the corresponding guest folio.
Collects payment for charges on the guest folio.
Ensures all cash and cash equivalents are accounted for and balanced at the beginning and end of each work shift.
Responds to guest inquiries.
Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority, otherwise refers the matter to the Front Desk Supervisor.
Notifies his/her Supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged thefts.
Performs all other relevant duties as assigned.
- At least 6 months of previous cash handling experience.
- At least 1 year continuous face-to-face guest service experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous Front Desk experience in a hotel/resort.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International - 20 months ago
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...