JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for assisting guests with check-in and check-out, answers and processes all phone calls received, plus handles all special requests for services or information, in accordance with standard policies and procedures.
- Anticipate guests needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of: a) all hotel features/services, hours of operation. b) all room rates, special packages and promotions. c) daily house count and expected arrivals/departures. d) scheduled daily group activities.
- Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies.
- Keep bank secure at all times.
- Answer department telephone within 3 rings, using correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
- Process all guest check-ins.
- Verify registration card information with the guest.
- Obtain back-up information for guest credit/payment method and input into system; collect cash when designated.
- Direct Bell Person to escort guest and transport their luggage to the room.
- Handle overbooked or walked in guests.
- Accept and record wake-up call requests.
- Monitor, send and distribute guest faxes.
- Communicate pertinent guest information to designated departments/personnel (i.e., special requests, amenity delivery).
- Resolve discrepancies on the room status report with Housekeeping.
- Match the bucket check to in-house guest ledger report; report discrepancies to Manager.
- Process all check-outs.
- Process adjustment vouchers, paid-outs, correction vouchers, miscellaneous charges.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or GED preferred. Must be able to follow directions and get along well with others.
General knowledge of office procedures and practices.
Skills in the use of standard office equipment.
Excellent verbal communication, public relations and
Ability to maintain confidential information.
Crestline Hotels & Resorts - 11 months ago