The Front Desk Night Clerk will serve as ambassador to the hotel handling all check-in and check-outs, answering incoming calls while upholding Guest Service Standards. Functions will also include nightly accounting and working as a "Runner" for housekeeping needs during the midnight shift.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Maintain complete knowledge of, or where to access to following information: a) all hotel features/services, hours of operation. b) all room types, numbers, layout, decor, appointments and location. c) all room rates, special packages and promotions. d) daily house count and expected arrivals/departures. e) room availability status for any given day. f) scheduled daily group activities.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Pick up, count and maintain bank. Secure bank at all times.
- Read the log book daily, and record all pertinent information in the log book.
- Process currency exchange and payments to guest accounts.
- Process adjustments, rebates, paid outs and credits as required.
- Operate P.M.S. (Property Management System) and maintain security of system.
- Verifies and makes corrections to the Room Rate Report.
- Post and audit Banquet charges.
- Adjust outside Vendor activity.
- Reconcile telephone calls and miscellaneous accounts.
- Backup computer system files.
- Verifies that all checks are closed, and closes and logs any open check in the P.O.S. (Point of Sale) system.
- Prints Food & Beverage end of day reports.
- Audit Food & Beverage cashiers work and correct discrepancies.
- Audit Rooms Cashiers work and correct discrepancies.
- Audit all miscellaneous charges. (Banquets, Bars etc.)
- Verifies package postings on house accounts.
- Input all sales figures into the P.M.S. and balance all accounts (Property Management System).
- Run Room & Tax verifying that all room rates posted.
- Verify Cashiers Report to drop log and paperwork.
- Record room statistics.
- Close P.O.S. after all work is balanced.
- Run end of day program and close day.
- Check that interfaces are up and running.
- Run daily Flash Reports and distribute accordingly.
- Run morning reports and backup reports and distribute accordingly.
- Print express check out folios and distribute.
- Sign out and brief relief.
- Review Night Audit checklist and verify that all work has been completed.
- Restock all printers.
- Fill out and deposit payment and corresponding checks.
- Review status of assignments and any follow-up action with on-coming Supervisor.
- Document maintenance needs on work orders and submit to Manager/Supervisor.
- Attend monthly department meetings and training sessions as necessary.
Education & Experience: 1. High school graduate or equivalent vocational training certificate. 2. Previous experience in a similar position in a select service hotel. 3. Must have good understanding of the English language. 4. Good communication skills both verbal and written. 5. Provide excellent customer service and maintain a professional demeanor 6. Compute basic arithmetic. 7. Ability to: perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy. prioritize, organize and follow up. be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment. follow directions thoroughly. understand guests service needs. work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team. work with minimal supervision. maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data. Desirable: 1. College degree. 2. Previous Front Desk/Night Audit experience. 3. Experience with computers, calculators or word processors. 4. Ability to input and access information in the property management system/point of sale system/computers. 5. Previous guest relations training 6. Certification in CPR.
Crestline Hotels & Resorts - 15 months ago