The Front Desk Supervisor’s primary responsibility is to improve the guests’ experience through the management of the Front Desk Agents, Rooms Controller and Turnberry Service departments. The Font Desk Supervisor also holds accountability for instilling consistency of hotel and Turnberry Isle standards as well as generating and promoting ideas to enhance the Five Diamond / Five Star experience.
• Approach all encounters with guests, employees, and members in a professional and personalized manner
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Turnberry Isle Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the resort
• Must have a professional image and personality exuding confidence and leadership skills while encouraging safe and efficient operations
• Identify and solicit potential new FPC members
• Must be able to maintain the confidentiality of all guest and member information and pertinent resort data, as well as the security of high profile guests or members in accordance with resort standards
• Ensure that sufficient staffing is present to meet daily business demands
• Log all absenteeism and employee lateness
• Maintain consistent and effective flow of communication between shifts among fellow managers and Service Professionals
• Actively participate in training and continuing education of Front Desk and Turnberry Service staff
• Responsible for selecting and building a strong self-directed work team.
• Oversee inventory levels pertaining to supplies for the Front Desk and Turnberry Service departments.
• Assist with additional Front Desk and Turnberry Service tasks
• Actively participates in daily briefings and meetings
• Expected to conduct oneself in a discrete manner in all guest areas
• Ensures that the safety & confidentiality of all matters pertaining to guests and members are met in accordance with resort standards
• Understand and communicate promotions and enhancements effectively with Service Professionals and guests.
• Serve as general guest information source. Act as a salesperson for Turnberry Isle Hotels
• Build rapport with VIP’s, Reward members, distinguished visitors; escort guests to rooms, make welfare calls, encourage feedback throughout their stay.
• Offer to handle special arrangements during guest stay; coordinate future visits
• Complete projects in a timely manner as required by the Front Office Manager, Director of Rooms, Director of Front Office, Guest Services Manager or General Manager.
• Be able to participate proficiently in functions outside one’s department when called upon.
• Develop and drive departmental objectives within the Front Desk and Turnberry Service departments.
• Responsible for maintaining a monthly operational budget and achieving the financial goals of the resort.
• Facilitate all reservation requests forwarded to the hotel, supporting the in-house reservations department.
• Build rapport with wholesale clients and travel agencies in order to drive room bookings at TIR.
• Responsible for scheduling, payroll and labor cost management.
• Work in congruence with the Sales and Finance departments in order to ensure revenue maximization.
• Responsible for proper cash handling in accordance with Turnberry Isle’s accounting policies.
• Ensure that all Front Desk Service Professionals are in accordance with Turnberry Isle’s accounting policies
• Establish and maintain effective communication processes with all hotel departments.
• Assist in the evaluation, performance management, and the motivation of Service Professionals.
• At least 1 year of progressive supervisory experience in a hotel
• College degree or equivalent required
• Proficiency in English (verbal & written), multi lingual is a plus
• Must be flexible in terms of working hours and schedules
• Must possess outstanding guest services skills, professional presentation and sophisticated communication skills
• Must posses leadership skills and be able to motivate Service Professionals through difficult points within the operation
• Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment
• Must be able to endure physically long periods of standing
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by guests and members
• Must be able to work with and understand financial information and advanced arithmetic functions
Turnberry Associates - 13 months ago
Turnberry Associates tries to turn real estate into gold. The company develops and manages commercial and residential real estate, primarily...