This position is responsible for providing clerical support for Cardiology and CV Surgery's Revenue Cycle Manager. Areas of responsibility include downloading reports for charge capture, batching reports and distribution of workload. Providing clerical support to Revenue Cycle Manager. Other duties as assigned.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Download diagnostic reports from various systems for Cardiology and CV Surgery. Log batch and distribute reports for coding and billing.
2. Collect and log rounding lists for Cardiology and CV Surgery. Batch and distribute for coding and billing.
3. Collect and log all procedures turned in by providers for Cardiology and CV Surgery. Pull supporting documentation for procedures as needed, attach, batch and distribute for coding and billing.
4. Logging all batches distributed and billed.
5. Logging all returned (billed) batches.
6. Monitor physician schedules. Closing provider schedules as requested and tasking patients scheduled to scheduling team to be rescheduled.
7. Pull and provide medical records and billing records as needed for audits.
8. Create, maintain and file all reports in daily files.
9. Provide clerical support to Revenue Cycle Manager.
10. Demonstrates the components of the I CARE values statement.
11. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Performs other duties as requested.
Minimum of one year clerical experience; may consider advance relevant education in lieu of some experience.
Personal computer skills, including proficiency in spreadsheet and word processing applications
Minimum typing skill of 40 wpm and 10-key numerical data entry by touch.
Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Should demonstrate a high level of maturity with demonstrated self-confidence and ability to make decisions.
Knowledge of data processing and standard office machines.
Experience with excel and Microsoft word.
Must demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills.
Effective time management skills.
Follows department standard dress code.
Houston Methodist - 20 months ago