Ability to lead and direct others. Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job. Good interpersonal skills and desire to work in a team environment. Must meet minimum age requirements to comply with company policy. Effective communication and customer service skills.
1. Direct work flow of meat cutters and meat clerks.
2. Ensure product produced meets company standards.
3. Oversee the cutting room, cooler organization, and rotation of all products.
4. Process administrative paperwork and maintain accurate department records.
5. Order and maintain inventory control in order to maximize sales and limit shrink issues.
6. Use good judgment in the delegation , assignment, and follow up required for efficient performance of the department.
7. Maintain effectiveness of department’s staffing, scheduling, and financial results.
8. Perform meat cutter functions.
9. Wash, rinse, and sanitize equipment as outlined by company practices.
10. Supervise performance of all duties and responsibilities of meat associates.
11. Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without accommodations.
1. Observe and follow all company policies and established standard practices.
2. Maintain a neat, well groomed personal appearance at all times and comply with company’s personal appearance policy.
3. Provide outstanding friendly customer service. Communicate with and assist all customers in selection of product.
4. Maintain solid communication in the department, with the store manager, and throughout the organization.
5. Maintain merchandising techniques and layouts consistent with company standards.
6. Maintain department compliance with pricing and coding policy.
7. Work within our company’s management planning (MPP) guidelines to maintain productivity.
8. Support company safety standards. Communicate any needed equipment repairs or maintenance work needed. Keep work area free from debris and safety hazards.
9. Develop product knowledge in all areas of meat department, including product preparation.
10. Have total understanding of department’s Standard Practice manual.
11. Ensure the proper training of all meat associates.
12. Ensure and maintain company sanitation and food safety standards.
13. Maintain the quality of department’s appearance and presentation.
14. Treat all associates with fairness, dignity, and respect. Provide recognition of accomplishments and offer feedback when necessary.
15. Perform all special projects and duties as assigned.
Hannaford - 23 months ago
Hannaford Bros. may have started as a fruit and vegetable stand in 1883, but it has expanded from its Maine roots to become an upscale...