*** Must have mobility to the Waltham, Massachusetts store ***
*** Experience Required ***
*** Must have availability to work OVERNIGHT, WEEKENDS and HOLIDAYS ***
Effectively assist in the management of department operations to meet financial and sales goals. Build associate and customer relations and promote a strong in support of Hannaford Strategy.
A high school graduate or equivalent preferred. Strong understanding of store operations and merchandising techniques preferred. Effective communication, customer service, and selling skills. Must have effective interpersonal and organizational skills. Desire and ability to lead and manage a team. Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job. Strong problem solving skills. Must meet minimum age requirements.
• In the absence of the department manager, manage the department operations in accordance with established department standard practices.
• Role model outstanding, friendly customer service and use skills and knowledge to offer solutions that meet or exceed customers’ expectations.
• Assist in growing sales through effective merchandising strategies.
• Assist in hiring, training and developing associates to meet the department needs.
• Assist in managing performance through planning, coaching and disciplinary efforts.
• Ensure that department conditions involving department appearance, quality, variety, safety, and food safety are consistently maintained at the highest level.
• Maintain effective work schedules to meet production and customer service standards as well as associates’ personal needs.
• Actively recognize associates who deliver great service and coach associates to expectations when necessary.
• Understand and use company tools such as; financial reports, scheduling, productivity, ordering, and business information systems.
• Maintain accurate records of production, shrink, sales, and inventory.
• Assist in communicating department and company policies to associates.
• Perform various department functions as needed to meet production and customer service guidelines.
• Assist in special projects.
• Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Receive, store, process and merchandise all products in accordance with established department guidelines.
Hannaford - 7 months ago
Hannaford Bros. may have started as a fruit and vegetable stand in 1883, but it has expanded from its Maine roots to become an upscale...