THIS POSITION IS FOR A FULL-TIME BAKERY SALES ASSOCIATE
Essential Job Functions
1. Provide outstanding friendly customer service. Communicate with and assist customers in selection of product.
2. Package and display products according to standard practice and our automated production program, taking customer demands into consideration.
3. Retrieve and organize bakery product loads.
4. Perform assigned tasks such as replenishing merchandise, preparation of products or setting up displays, etc.
5. Process merchandise properly, paying special attention to rotation of products according to prescribed standards.
6. Maintain accurate, neat records of production, shrink, sales and inventory.
7. Wash, clean, and sanitize equipment in accordance with company guidelines.
8. May be required to frost, base ice, and decorate all varieties of cakes. Personalize when necessary.
9. Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Effective communication, customer service, and selling skills.
Effective interpersonal skills and desire to work in a team environment. Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job.
Must meet minimum age requirements to perform specific job functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Observe and follow all company policies and established procedures.
2. Maintain a neat and well-groomed personal appearance at all times and comply with personal appearance policy.
3. Assist in special projects and perform other functions as assigned by supervisior.
4. Assist in training other associates when assigned and certified.
5. Maintain solid communication in the department and throughout the organization.
6. Work within our company’s management planning guidelines to maintain productivity.
7. Support company safety standards. Communicate any needed equipment repairs or maintenance work needed. Keep work area free from debris and safety hazards.
8. Treat all co-workers with fairness, dignity, and respect
9. Develop product knowledge in all areas of Bakery Department (rolls, desserts, cakes, muffins, bagels, coffees, platters, etc.).
10. Observe and maintain company’s sanitation and food safety standards.
11. Prepare, proof, and bake product as assigned.
12. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Hannaford - 13 months ago
Hannaford Bros. may have started as a fruit and vegetable stand in 1883, but it has expanded from its Maine roots to become an upscale...