This position is for a Customer Service Leader Trainee.
We are hiring for multiple positions for our Western/Southern Maine region.
*** Must have mobility to the following locations: Saco, Waterboro, Falmouth, Westbrook, Biddeford, Buxton, South Portland, Portland, Scarborough, Gorham, Standish and Kennebunk Maine ***
Place of residence will be taken into consideration for travel radius.
*** Must have availability to work EVENINGS, WEEKENDS and HOLIDAYS ***
*** This training program is not intended as a guarantee of future positions. The intent of the program is to provide the district with an additional pool of candidates for current and future management needs. It also provides the selected candidate(s) with technical and management skills and the opportunity to practice those skills making them a more qualified candidate for future leadership positions ***
Essential Job Functions:
1. Promote customer goodwill by providing high standards in customer service.
2. Maintain effective work schedules for front-end & service center associates to meet business traffic requirements and minimize customer inconvenience.
3. Handle cash pickups and change orders as requested and log as required.
4. Verify all customer IDs presented and observe store policies pertaining to the acceptance of checks, and the sale of tobacco/alcoholic beverages.
5. Provide customers and associates with refunds, over-rings and other transactions requiring approvals or overrides.
6. Supervise performance of all duties and responsibilities of all front-end and service center associates as assigned by Customer Service/Office Manager.
7. Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Effective communication and customer service skills. Must meet minimum age requirements to perform specific job functions (18 years of age). Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job. Demonstrated ability to perform the technical requirements of cashier and service center.
1. Observe and follow all company policies and established procedures.
2. Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and follow company personal appearance policy.
3. Assign fixed activities to front end and service center associates during idle periods.
4. Treat all associates with fairness, dignity, and respect.
5. Assist in special projects and perform other functions as assigned by supervision.
6. Ensure that return-to-stock items are handled in a prompt and orderly manner with the most immediate attention given to refrigerated and other perishable items.
7. Support and comply with all company safety standards. Communicate any needed equipment repairs or maintenance work needed. Keep work area free from debris and safety hazards.
8. Bag or package merchandise according to established company policies and procedures.
9. Control excessive use of store supplies, such as ribbons, receipt tape, bags and cleaning materials.
10. Assist in prompt cleanup of spills and breakage of glass or plastic containers to eliminate potential hazards and prevent accidents.
11. Be knowledgeable in and able to recognize or differentiate between all of the various types of produce merchandise carried in the store including differences between varieties of similar classes of products (e.g., apples, lettuces, etc.).
12. Record on designated forms any price discrepancies and/or any “not on file” items that are encountered on electronic point-of-sale terminal, request price checks promptly on any such items according to company policy.
13. Observe security standards by staying alert and being aware of customers’ actions and behavior. Report to manager or security any abnormal behavior.
14. Process all of the various types of sales transactions accepted by the store including but not necessarily limited to cash, checks, authorized Accounts Receivable sales, Electronic Payments, WIC coupons, Food Stamps, manufacturers’ coupons, gift cards, bottle deposits, bottle refunds, merchandise refunds, lottery, Western Union etc., in strict accordance with established company policies and procedures including full compliance with any legal requirements or regulations governing same.
15. Secure front-end podium at all times when leaving it unattended; protect company assets at all times.
16. Maintain general housekeeping and sanitation standards in compliance with store policy and state and local health regulations on a regular, ongoing basis.
17. Perform cashier and/or bagging functions as needed.
18. Perform service center and/or office associate functions as needed.
19. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Please fax job title you are applying for and resume to: Lisa Sullivan at fax # 207.985.9212.
Hannaford - 21 months ago
Hannaford Bros. may have started as a fruit and vegetable stand in 1883, but it has expanded from its Maine roots to become an upscale...