THIS POSITION IS A FLOAT POSITION. THE CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO TRAVEL THROUGHOUT THE BURLINGTON AREA
Good interpersonal skills and desire to work in a team environment. Must meet minimum age requirements.
Effective customer service and communication skills. Successful experience as a meat associate or previous meat cutting experience. Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job.
1. Perform the meat cutting functions once training is complete. This includes but is not limited to scraping and traying products, cubing steaks, grinding ground meats and cutting and processing meat according to Standard Practice Manual.
2. Perform meat associate responsibilities as directed.
3. Provide outstanding customer service. Communicate with and assist customers in selection of product.
4. Identify, wrap, price, and weigh all meat department items in accordance with specified procedures outlined by standard practice.
5. Stock the fresh, frozen, and self service cases using proper rotation procedures.
6. Receive any meat delivery, code, rotate, and put in appropriate storage area.
7. Wash, rinse and sanitize all cases, wrap stations/area, scaling equipment, cooler, cutting room, including disassembling and re-assembling equipment therein.
8. Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
1. Comply with all company policies, procedures, and government regulations.
2. Meet or exceed all applicable Management Planning guidelines
3. Treat all co-workers with fairness, dignity, and respect.
4. Develop product knowledge in all areas of the meat department including cooking procedures.
5. Make price changes and maintain correct price books and scales as directed.
6. Assist in special projects and perform other functions as assigned by supervisor.
7. Assist in training of other associates when assigned
8. Maintain a neat, well groomed personal appearance at all times; comply with company personal appearance policy.
9. Maintain solid communication in the department and throughout the organization.
10. Support company safety standards. Communicate any needed equipment repairs or maintenance work needed. Keep work area free from debris and safety hazards.
11. Observe and maintain company sanitation and food safety standards.
12. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Hannaford Bros. may have started as a fruit and vegetable stand in 1883, but it has expanded from its Maine roots to become an upscale...