Ability and willingness to learn the technical requirements of the job. Good written and verbal communication skills. Able to work independently and make quick, sound decisions. Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information. Must work nights and weekends, and should be flexible to work overnights and change schedule with limited notice. Have the ability to travel as required. Must meet minimum age requirements and pass a criminal background check.
Must have current New York State Security License or be able to obtain one (this will include successfully passing a required background check). Assistance in obtaining license provided. Preference may be given to those applicants with current license and/or previous experience.
1.Detect, apprehend and/or deter shoplifters following established company guidelines and legal statutes of the states we operate.
2. Make court appearances when necessary as a result of prosecution.
3. Be proficient in Closed Circuit TV and other loss prevention technologies and programs.
4. Maintain extreme confidentiality of all related information and investigations.
5. Assist Manager of Loss Prevention in training new Loss Prevention Coordinators.
6. Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
7. New York State: Maintain current security license throughout employment and provide documentation as needed to verify current status.
1.Assist the Loss Prevention Department in shrink reduction activity, including, but not limited to internal & external theft, Navistor and other audit functions assigned by the Manager of Loss Prevention.
2. Develop knowledge of criminal justice system and the laws pertaining to private security practices.
3. Maintain working relationships with local police and court systems.
4. Complete and maintain accurate and appropriate reports and files.
5. Must maintain company and location averages as it pertains to shoplifting apprehensions and deters.
6. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Loss Prevention Coordinators will work five, eight and a half-hour shifts and are allowed one weekend (Saturday and Sunday) off a month.
2. Loss Prevention Coordinators must work at least one Sunday a month.
3. Loss Prevention Coordinators must work two nights a week until at least 9:00PM. One of those nights needs to be a Thursday, Friday or Saturday night; those nights need to rotate every week.
4. New York State: Loss Prevention Coordinators must work at least one overnight a month.
5. Loss Prevention Coordinators need to adhere to established retail guidelines as it pertains to breaks, meals, time off and vacation requests. The Manager of Loss Prevention has the right to modify or complete your schedule at any time.
Hannaford Bros. may have started as a fruit and vegetable stand in 1883, but it has expanded from its Maine roots to become an upscale...