PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:|
To perform retail sales and related activities in a professional, courteous, reliable and results-oriented manner in order to enhance the image and reputation of the Company.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Assists all customers or potential customers in a professional, courteous, reliable, attentive, honest and responsive manner.
- Identities customer needs and provides knowledgeable assistance to help customers select the correct product(s) to serve their needs.
- Demonstrates and explains products to promote sales or as requested by the customer.
- Remains informed on all new and existing products carried by the Company.
- Closes the sale with a customer, offers Service Protection Plus (SPP) warranties for every qualified product, suggests add-on product for each sale and forwards the customer to a Cashier for payment.
- Helps customers with loading as needed.
- Helps maintain a neat and orderly sales environment, including all demonstration fixtures, product displays and work areas by downstocking, faceing and fronting all merchandise in designated area of responsibility (AOR) and other assigned areas as per Company BOSS program.
- Processes special orders, locates and orders parts, informs customers when their merchandise is in, recommends stocking levels for frequently ordered products, and maintains merchandising standards in assigned areas.
- Supports telemarketing sales activities as required such as local phone calls from customers or potential customers. 10. Protects the store against theft or other suspicious activity.
- Participates in all non-commissionable events deemed necessary by the Company (e.g. physical inventories, sales meetings, trade shows, special sales, etc.).
- Keeps supervisor informed of important information developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school education or equivalent.
- At least six months of related retail sales experience.
- Knowledge of light industrial products, hydraulics, etc.
- Very high mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to use hands to handle objects; and talk or hear.
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
- Frequent bending, twisting, stooping, reaching and lifting.
- Required to stand on cement floor for long periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Northern Tool + Equipment has been a supplier of high-quality tools and equipment for more than 26 years, selling products through direct...