Wine Stewards at Giant Eagle create points of difference from our competition by enhancing the customer shopping experience, offering recommendations for wine, food, and entertainment. Our well-trained, knowledgeable Wine Stewards help develop and showcase Giant Eagle¿s Passion for Food, and leverage their expertise to position our stores as THE stores to shop for wine and beer.
- Assist customers with B/W/L purchases by providing knowledgeable recommendations and suggestions.
- Educate customers on wine consumption and food pairing.
- Take an active role in building the store¿s beer/wine assortment, throughout the year and at resets; by regularly communicating with distributors and LOB Merchandising staff.
- Analyze item movement and plan displays accordingly to maximize total business
- Plan seasonal and major promotional operations with the Store Leader for out-of-department display placement; keep records of results.
- Identify and execute merchandising and marketing programs to drive sales and profit margins.
- P&L accountability; follow proper procedures to ensure BWL meets out-of-stock, shrink and inventory level goals.
- Ensure store and personal compliance with Ohio Liquor laws and company policies and procedures regarding Alcohol.
- Develop unique customer tasting and sampling programs.
- Ensure proper ordering, receiving and stocking of B/W/L products, and proper signage within department.
- Participate in on-going product and customer service training programs, attend distributor trade shows as necessary.
- Ability to uncover any potential under-age or intoxicated individual and deny the sale of alcohol to that person.
- Visit competition regularly and at least once a month.
- Little or no financial or budgetary responsibility
Education and Training Required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 0 to 6 months
- sales training or related experience
- Wine knowledge and/or wine industry experience; experience in retail food, catering or restaurant environment; professional certification in wine
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Continuous Learner
- Open to Feedback
- Presentation & Verbal Communic
- Normal store environment with no continuous exposure to extreme temps, dust, etc
- Carrying Up to 50 pounds
- Hearing (auditory)
- Lifting Up to 50 pounds
- Operating Equipment
- Sight or Peripheral Vision
- Telephone Usage
- Communication (verbal)
- Fax Machine