Conduct research to support FTR trading business in the Power Trading group.
Build and maintain models and tools to facilitate trading strategy.
Program tools to assist trade execution and risk analysis.
- Recommend trades based on fundamental and technical analysis.
- Assist with PnL reconciliation.
- Perform analysis and provide advice on the impact of transmission developments and any relevant outages
- Explain congestion-related events on transmission grid and forecast transmission congestion in advance including price impacts both day ahead and real-time to inform trading decisions
- Provide analysis of the commercial impact of various generation or transmission developments or outages
- Support day-to-day regional trading activities as required in any of the organized markets (PJM, NY-ISO, ISO-NE, ERCOT)
- Utilize trading tools to analyze and contract transmission
- Perform quantitative FTR analysis for regional market auctions in order to build and optimize the FTR portfolio of productive source/sink paths, including the development of FTR path valuations and bid strategies
Key Result Areas/Measures of Performance: (Key Performance Indicators)
- Successfully manage VAR to ensure profitability within the FTR Trading Group of NAGP
- College Degree in Electrical Engineering with knowledge of Optimization, Power Systems and Power Markets. Master degree is a plus.
- In depth understanding of electric power system operations and power portfolio management (including demand, generation and congestion management tools)
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, team player and demonstrate attention to detail
- Excel VBA, SQL, Java, Electric Power Flow Analysis
- Leads, engages and motivates individuals and teams
- Communicates a clear direction
- Contributes personal expertise to others
- Proven people management, coaching and mentoring skills
- Promotes timely flow of information
Conceptual and Intellectual
- Ability to visualize the future business and identifies opportunities
- Identifies trends, and has the ability to see both the big picture but also understands the details
- Demonstrates cultural versatility and awareness
- Anticipates and prepares for change
Business and Commercial Acumen
- Demonstrates professional expertise
- Improves existing processes and or introduces new methods including best practices
- Ability to make timely and difficult decisions when required
- Take informed calculated risks
- Ability to use resources efficiently
- Follows through to deliver results
- Proactive, drives projects, processes and people to deliver results
Client Focus / External stakeholders
- Strong client orientation
- Understands and responds appropriately to client’s needs
- Works to deliver high quality service
Integrity and Values
- Takes ownership of own decisions and actions – successes and mistakes
- Acts as a role model – talks the talk, and walks the walk, practice what they preach
- Communicates and instills Noble culture and values
- Promotes and advocates integrity
- Experience in a physical commodity trading environment is preferred