Summary of Fundraising Coordinator
Make a difference in millions of lives every day by utilizing your sales, marketing and public relations skills both in your community and across the country by joining the MDA , as a Fundraising Coordinator . As a Fundraising Coordinator you will manage sales and marketing campaigns designed to create new, as well as foster existing, corporate sponsor relationships that support MDA's mission and services in a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
Just as the MDA is driven to meet its healthcare, medical research and social service mission you must be driven to develop new business, interact with the local community and cultivate relationships with corporate sponsors and MDA families. Through various business development techniques you will encourage participation and support for MDA fundraising programs and special events while managing a fulfilling and challenging work environment.
Responsibilities of Fundraising Coordinator
- Actively participate in the execution and management of MDA’s fundraising programs including the ability to multi-task, handling logistics and follow through on multiple events/programs at the same time.
- Identify new corporate sponsors and maximize fund development opportunities through various business development techniques including cold-calling, following up on warm leads and attending networking events; consistently research ways to create partnerships with local businesses.
- Deliver organized, structured, and persuasive presentations; listen to and understand others, and ensure that written and verbal communication are culturally appropriate and consistently reflect the MDA’s mission, goals, values, and brand.
- Coordinate targeted advertising, sales and marketing initiatives to communicate MDA’s healthcare and research involvement and social services to the local community and increase sponsorship of events.
- Maintain existing relationships by ensuring effective public relations and communication with existing sponsors and families to keep them abreast of existing and upcoming community engagements.
- Effectively engage donors of all levels, recognizing and championing the value and potential of stakeholders; meet with sponsors and patient families to educate them about MDA’s fundraising events and special events, answering any questions that may arise.
- Advise and assist in the development of an organization-wide fundraising strategy, plan and budget – including effective strategies for raising funds.
The Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) is a not-for-profit health agency that supports research into more than 40 neuromuscular diseases,...