Vicarious Visions, developer of numerous award winning games, including Skylanders Spyro Adventure, Guitar Hero: On Tour, Tony Hawk, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 is seeking a passionate, motivated, and experienced FX Artist to join our team of talented developers in creating next generation games for the Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii platforms.
The ideal candidate will be skilled at providing simulations and systems that both mimic real life phenomena and capture the imagination through fantastic visuals. You must be able to help design solutions where a more procedural approach can be used and possess the desire and knowledge to push our effects and editing tools beyond their limits.
- Work closely with the Art Director and art, design, animation and audio leads to bring life to gameplay and cinematics through the addition of flair and visual drama.
- Craft compelling moments through the design, creation and implementation of real-time particle effects using both static and animating 2D/3D elements.
- Prototype effects which effectively develop tone and pacing of game play events.
- Ability to stay current with the latest tools, technologies, and techniques to help shape our pipelines.
- Balance quality with efficiency when working under tight deadlines.
- Follow and maintain pipelines and technical requirements.
- 2+ years of Visual Effects experience for Game, Film or TV/Commercial production.
- Bachelor's degree or diploma with an emphasis on Art.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and succeed in a diverse work environment.
- Self motivated team player who proactively seeks feedback and communication.
- Must possess a critical eye for the timing, animation, and motion of real world objects and visual FX.
- Must possess a firm understanding of particle systems, fields, expressions, scripts, and dynamic systems.
- Knowledge of visual effect terminology and techniques used in film, games, animation.
- Ability to quickly learn new software and adapt to company proprietary software.
- Technical problem solving is a must.
- Applicable video game experience.
- Passion for making games and storytelling.
- Relevant 2D and 3D software experience - Photoshop, After Effects, 3D Studio Max.
- Experience in a secondary area such as texturing, modeling, skinning, animation, or lighting a plus.
- Experience and comfort with one or more scripting/programming languages is highly desired.
Come work with us on our exciting new titles! We offer a modern work environment, an outstanding compensation and benefits package, a fun, team environment, impressively affordable living, and an exceptional quality of life! Please apply at
United States-New York-Albany
Activision - 21 months ago