- Read and interpret basic blue prints
- Must be able to read and write and will maintain production records as required.
- Is responsible for housekeeping around machine or work stations to which assigned.
- Shall perform other duties in the rate grade and department as required.
- Must be able to operate all fabrication equipment efficiently and maintain normal production accordingly.
- Shall assume responsibility for his/her work on the equipment to which assigned, as to quality and quantity under normal conditions.
- Is responsible for moving material to and from (load and unload) fabrication machines and operating handling equipment as necessary in loading materials onto machines.
- Setup Fabrication machines, including but not limited to Mazak, Amada, and Press-Break machines
- Shall perform die or tool set-ups and maintain initial set-up during run by making adjustments as may be necessary.
- Perform hand grinding
- Perform minor adjustments to computer programming logic
- Perform minor die repair (when dull) on Press-Break machines
- Perform general Total Preventive Maintenance (TPM) work
- Perform quality and safety inspections on all parts, orders, and equipment
- Perform inventory control procedures/paperwork/computer work
- Understand, Demonstrate, and Maintain Proficiency in Departmental Lock Out/Tag Out Procedures
- Understand, Demonstrate, and Maintain Proficiency in Departmental Electrical Safety Procedures
- Understand, Demonstrate, and Maintain Proficiency in Departmental Machine Guarding Procedures
- Employees work an average of 40 hours per week during a normal work schedule. Mandatory overtime is required but may vary depending on business needs. Shifts vary in start time. Most shifts occur Monday thru Saturday. Sunday shifts may be required depending on business needs.
- Minimum High School diploma or GED
- Ability to read and interpret basic blue prints
- Some CNC programming knowledge
- Must be a self-motivated individual and work well in a team environment
- Basic math skills (ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers and common fractions)
- Perform all functions related to Flex Operator production functions
And a booming voice cried out, "Let there be light," and Acuity Brands replied, "Okay, sure." Acuity Brands, through...