Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation is a world leader in the design and manufacture of advanced helicopters for commercial, industrial and military uses. Sikorsky helicopters are used by all five branches of the United States armed forces, along with military services and commercial operators in more than 40 nations. Based in Stratford, Connecticut, USA, Sikorsky has outlying facilities in other Connecticut locations as well as in Florida and Alabama.
Sikorsky Global Helicopters has second shift openings for Fabrication Technicians. This role will have responsibility for Safety, Quality, Schedule, Cost, and achievements of ACE Gold for the assigned Fuselage Assembly build station(s) of the CH-148 in Coatesville, PA.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
1. Ensure every aircraft is built, modified or completed utilizing Standard Work which results in an on time, on budget, defect free product.
2. Ensure that all operations in the assigned build station(s) are performed in strict compliance with FAA requirements, Industry accepted standard and lean best practices.
3. Ensure material requirements for completions are identified and communicated in a timely fashion to the Materials organization, to ensure we are able to maximize our leverage with our Suppliers.
4. Utilize ACE Tools and Lean Manufacturing Techniques to achieve and sustain ACE Gold standards.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Tech school preferred.
1. Minimum of 3 to 5 years aircraft structural repair experience.
2. Ability to read and interpret blue prints.
3. Knowledge of FAA regulations.
4. Capable to work with little or no direct supervision.
5. Demonstrated communications and leadership skills.
6. Knowledge of helicopters is desirable.
7. Computer skills are desirable.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
United Technologies - 21 months ago
Russian-born helicopter pioneer Igor Sikorsky is long dead, but helicopters bearing his name still soar the skies. A subsidiary of United...