Do you know what a Strawberry Shortcake Throw Down is? Have you ever won the Bocce Rock Star Award? No, well join the Bear Crew at The Vermont Teddy Bear Company and join in on the fun! Located in Shelburne, Vermont, just outside of Burlington, The Vermont Teddy Bear Company is a growing organization consisting of multiple brands and channels.
The Facilities Supervisor at Vermont Teddy Bear is responsible for the maintenance of the physical plant, grounds and equipment. As the facilities supervisor, we will be looking to you to strategically plan for maintenance/replacement of building materials or components due to age or defect. We are looking for someone that has working knowledge of mechanical devices and their function to ensure proper and timely repair or replacement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee all maintenance projects and repairs.
• In collaboration with Plant Engineer, supervise outside contract workers. Establish strong working relationships with external vendors.
• Assist Plant Engineer with maintaining current records on all preventative maintenance and inspections performed on equipment and buildings.
• Delegate internal work order requests to staff and communicate status and estimated time of completion to requesting party.
• Source material, equipment, parts and labor for projects. Estimate and negotiate best cost for various projects.
• Responsible for negotiating pricing for supplies, vendors and projects.
• Supervisor and staff are responsible for appearance and cleanliness of grounds and buildings for Shelburne facility. Some delegation will be to internal staff other may need to be communicated to a third party companies responsible for janitorial, landscaping or snow removal.
• Adhere to all annual inspections required by the state and labor and industry. Continue to research regulation changes that may occur.
• Responsible for responding to after hours calls for Novar, Fire and Security alarms. Or other emergency issues related to grounds and building maintenance.
• Assist in planning and implementing capital improvements of all site locations.
• Perform the review process for facilities employees.
• Responsible for Turn-the-walls participation as required during peak periods.
• Develop, maintain, disseminate and adhere to departmental Action Plans on a year-round basis.
• Partner with Human Resources to maintain VOSHA compliance programs, including required record keeping. Develop and implement employee health and safety programs.
• Attend and participate in all Safety Committee meetings.
• Previous experience in the field of engineering, mechanics and facilities maintenance or related area.
• Working knowledge of OSHA/VOSHA regulations and general workplace safety.
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
Education / Experience
• Minimum of 4 year degree or related experience in the field of business and facilities maintenance.
• Technical training inclusive of electrical, mechanical, carpentry, price negotiation.
• Computer skills.
• Previous supervisory experience.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, as well as free gym membership, employee garden space, CSA farm share reimbursement, onsite Chiropractic, massage & physical therapy and great employee discounts.