Greatbatch Medical, located in Plymouth, MN, is a leading OEM supplier of stimulation leads, advanced delivery systems and venous introducers to the CRM and Neuromodulation markets. Its Maintenance Group is seeking an experienced 2 nd shift Facilities & Maintenance Technician. The primary purpose of this position is to troubleshoot and maintain production equipment along with performing general facilities maintenance, service and repairs to equipment and machinery.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performing monthly preventative maintenance and inspections on all major facility equipment.
- Applying skills, experience and general knowledge to a wide range of complex tasks to troubleshoot (including electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical issues with production operations equipment), adjust, install, repair, dissemble, replace and reassemble and maintain equipment or facilities.
- Providing guidance to other facility technicians.
- Supporting Facilities Manager, assisting when absent or when needed.
- Delegating work requests by coordinating team. Performs all general maintenance functions.
- Planning and conducting work requiring judgment in independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaption/modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Investigating, developing and implementing new process technologies of small to moderate scope.
- Working independently to perform and complete assigned work orders in a timely manner.
- Identifying electrical issues in systems or equipment as they occur.
- Performing other functions as required.
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent. Associates degree preferred.
- Experience: 5-7 years of maintenance experience in commercial, industrial or manufacturing environment.
- Specialized knowledge/skills needed for performance of job: Excellent mechanical and electrical/PLC knowledge, aptitude and principles required. Knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, pneumatic and hydraulic pressure systems. Knowledge of CMMS and building automation systems is preferred. Knowledge of computer and Microsoft Office applications.