Facilities Asset Manager (Job Number: 014507) |
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
Serves as the single point of contact to Store Operations (MVPs/DMs) for the Facilities Development Division, primarily related to Asset Management issues for store care and building/equipment/property care. Provides proactive management and issue resolution for all facilities related functions. Supports the execution of all programs, at the Market level, that are implemented by the Facilities Division. Single- source asset manager for complete building, equipment, and property care, including but not limited to full budgetary responsibility for anything with depreciative value and asset life cycle analysis, as well as reactive and proactive scheduling and coordination.
- Builds and maintains a collaborative relationship with store operations in an assigned Market including Market support partners, District partners, Community partners and Store teams.
- Performs as single point of contact for store operations pertaining to asset management of all company owned/leased facilities (including, but not limited to stores, vacant buildings, idle properties, and other healthcare assets.)
- Mentors, educates, communicates and collaborates with Store Operations regarding all Asset Management programs and services.
- Accountable for monitoring and overseeing, at the Market level, and out-sourced service providers, as well as any vendors providing services to the program.
- Communicates and obtains buy-in of new Asset Management programs or changes in existing programs to all store operations partners and any out-sourced service providers. Including but not limited to Statement of Work, store tier levels, service frequency, program expectations, vendor information, and escalation processes.
- Owns all asset management responsibilities for a designated Market, including, but not limited to:
- Property management
- Landlord collaboration
- Municipality coordination
- Expense control
- Frequent site visits
- Maintains the highest level of interior and exterior asset management standards.
- Controls the total Asset Management expenditures, including capital, expense, insurance, rollouts, accruals, and other sources, by applying knowledge of cost structures and accounting standards. Responsible for controlling business travel and expenses in accordance to corporate expense policies.
- Performs monthly resolution of issues regarding work order approval and rejection through vendor relations and store operations follow up to support a streamlined process for work orders from submittal to payment.
- Develops contractor and vendor relationships while seeking new and alternate service providers for corrective and recurring Asset Management to maintain a cost competitive environment while adhering to service level expectations. Maintains partnerships while insuring compliance with current corporate requirements for securing new vendors (W-9, insurance, immigration, union status, etc.) by following Standard Operating Procedures to achieve approval.
- Oversees and coordinates the annual implementation of capital improvements, including recommendations, priorities and overall proactive management of the program.
- Provides Market specific information, including but not limited to new store information, Landlord vs. Walgreen responsibilities, warranty information, asset tracking, tier requests, emergency priority lists, program specific requests and all required survey information to program/project managers per specified due dates to ensure due diligence in supporting program and initiative efforts.
- Manages special projects, including roll outs, in compliance with corporate policies from inception to completion. Responsible for communicating and taking on appropriate partners to execute with excellence.
- Supports business continuity by proactively planning for and responding to catastrophic events (for example: hurricanes, floods, ice storms, tornados, snow storms, earthquakes, etc.) utilizing corporate procedures as noted in Emergency Playbook. Responsible for responding to localized emergencies (for example: fire, break ins, car vs. building etc.) by taking on appropriate partners, updating stakeholders, and insuring a safe and secure environment for all team members and customers.
- Performs as the liaison on between Store Operations and Regional Development Teams through proactive involvement with acquisitions and remodels and new store openings or store closings. Support efforts to ensure successful turn over in compliance of the New Store Opening best practice and Store Closing best practice.
- Supports and drives Cultural Beliefs throughout Market, among peers, and outside of Division to ensure a cohesive team with consistent message.
- Actively participates in Division focused feedback collaboration groups to provide feedback to current programs from a field and store operations perspective.
- Provides input for continuous improvement for processes and procedures to drive store care to a highly performing proactive/preventative asset management program.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction, Architecture or Business (Finance, Economics, Accounting) and at least 5 years of experience in Facilities Operations management, including property management, construction management and/or engineering systems OR a High School Diploma/ GED and at least 8 years of experience in Facilities Operations management, including property management, construction management and/or engineering systems.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Experience collaborating and functioning within cross-functional teams in a matrixed organization which resulted in influencing behaviors and deliverables for the overall, system-wide benefit of a construction effort.
- Experience influencing and impacting the performance of groups, subordinates, peers, exhibit leadership capabilities, lead change and mentor others.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates
- Experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
- Willing to travel at least 50% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...