The function of the Facilities Maintenance/Mailroom Assistant is to maintain a safe, clean and functional business and operational environment as well as providing shipping and receiving support to the mailroom in both the Pleasanton and Hayward facilities.
This position will be responsible for multiple maintenance functions such as painting, lighting, building inspections, conducting routine maintenance rounds of both facilities as assigned by the Facilities Manager. Maintenance projects can include reconfiguration of and installation of cubicle systems and light carpentry as assigned. Candidate must be professional and have a customer service oriented attitude and demeanor.
• Routine maintenance rounds of both Pleasanton and Hayward locations.
• Ensure that facilities grounds are clean, well organized and safe.
• Perform routine basic equipment maintenance as needed.
• Complete appropriate equipment history maintenance logs .
• Complete assigned daily work requests assigned by Facilities Manager.
• Assist mailroom in morning activities; sorting and delivering all incoming company mail.
• Provide shipping and receiving support as needed (Pleasanton and Hayward locations).
• Provide light carpentry support.
• Reconfigure and install cubical systems.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: • High School diploma or GED.
• 2+ years related experience.
• Current valid driver's license.
• Basic mechanical competence.
• Ability to read and interpret documents, schematics and blueprints.
• Familiarity with mailroom duties preferred.
• Able to lift 50 lbs regularly, bend & work in kneeling position, climb stairs and ladders.
• Must be resourceful, self motivated and dependable.
• Must be an excellent and creative problem solver.
• Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and oral is required.
• Must work well with others.
• Must work well under pressure.
Please apply to:
Shaklee Corporation is an EOE / Shaklee Corporation supports a smoke free workplace.
Shaklee - 20 months ago