Construction Supervisor - Electrical
Plan, coordinate, supervise, and inspect the construction, testing, commissioning, trouble shooting and repair of AC, DC and Solar electrical power systems for assigned Facilities Construction Projects. This position is responsible for several simultaneous facility construction projects from start to finish, troubleshoot and coordinate efforts with other construction personnel. Ensures each project is completed in scope, on time and on budget through direct supervision of several contractors per site. Additional responsibilities may include the following:
- Plan, coordinate, supervise, inspect the construction, testing and commissioning of facilities by RRC employees and subcontractors on schedule. Oversee a project from start to finish, scheduling, and coordinate efforts with other construction personnel, conduct meetings.
- Ensure that facilities are constructed, inspected and tested as designed. Provide input and ideas to improve facility design.
- Provides input into the design and improvement of the equipment described below
- Provide input and ideas to troubleshoot and correct problems.
- Able to read and understand Flow and P&ID diagrams and design drawings
- Material procurement - Read bill of material. Work with Purchasing to ensure that the right material is on site on schedule. Upon Material Delivery - inspect parts to ensure quality specs are met
- Work with Purchasing to develop bid packages. Help prepare estimates and justifications for AFE's for work to be completed.
- Understand safety systems - ESD activation, safety shut down devices and set points
- Ensure that contractor performance meets expectations.
- Ensure that company safety policies are enforced.
- Turn over the completed facility to those who will operate the facility. Complete assured competency check sheet during the facility inspection with operations personnel.
- Ensures that all required records related to construction, testing and commissioning of facilities are kept
- Ensures that facilities are properly signed, secure and final clean up
- Coordinate requirements with midstream company
- Ensures proper loading and unloading of and storage of equipment.
- Approves invoices.
- Design and coordinate installation of onsite instrument communications and interfaces. Wireless, hard wire, SCADA, cignet, satellite.
Required Education and Experience
- High school education
- Electricians license
- Certificates related to the area of expertise
- Technical school certificate or college degree
- 4-8 years of Oil and Gas electrical and controls experience
- Strong organizational skills / attention to detail / ability to multi task several priorities and project responsibilities. Good time management
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills to deal with vendors and construction team members
- Self motivated team player
- Safety minded and willingness for receiving both required and ongoing mandatory safety training as a condition of employment
- Minimum: Windows file manager, Excel, Word, Email; Beneficial: AutoCAD, Power Point, citrix, cygnet, site view, well view, production explorer, Microsoft Publisher
- Codes - Understand and assure code compliance: National Electric Code, API, NFPA, Environmental regulations.; OSHA
- Equipment - An increasing understanding of the installation, operation and troubleshooting of: AC \ DC electrical systems, Satellite Systems, modems, conduit, stainless steel tubing installation, transducers, transmitters, grounding, communications, lightning suppression, cathodic protection, safety systems, solar power system, Instrumentation, Process controls, I\O, programming, SCADA, PLC, flow computer, RTU, ROC, control valves, vapor destruction and vapor recovery units, filter separators, dehydration, manual & automated chokes, gas measurement, compression
Range Resources Corporation - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard