How to Apply
Please complete the entire online application along with any prescreening questions that pertain to this opportunity. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
About Us - Winery
Over seventy-five years ago, with humble beginnings, brothers Ernest and Julio Gallo began E. & J. Gallo Winery. Today, we are the world's largest family-owned winery. We distribute wines to 90 countries and are the largest exporter of California wine. E. & J. Gallo Winery employs a creative and talented team of more than 5,000 people.
We truly believe that the contributions of our employees are what make our Winery a dominant force in the ever-growing wine industry.
If you want to work with great people and enjoy a career in a dynamic industry expected to double in the next 10 years, see what opportunities await you at E. & J. Gallo Winery!
Under general supervision performs carpentry, painting, and general building/construction duties as necessary to support facility maintenance of the winery and winery-affiliated structures. Responsible for constructing or repairing building components such as walls, bins, counters, shelves, benches stairs, doors and windows. Also participates in building temporary structures winery events.
- Operates various power tools and related woodworking hand tools and equipment.
- Interprets construction/maintenance plans from drawings or verbal instructions.
- Oversees the forming, pouring, and finish of concrete.
- Builds, repairs, paints and installs counters, cabinets, benches, partitions, floors, doors, platforms, building framework and trim.
- Schedules and coordinates painting and building projects with departments.
- Replaces and repairs damaged veneer walls, ceiling tiles, floor tiles and wall coverings.
- Estimates time and material costs for carpentry and painting projects; requisitions new carpentry and painting materials and equipment.
- Erects scaffolding or sets up ladders to perform tasks above ground level.
- Removes fixtures such as pictures and electric switch covers from walls prior to painting.
- Spreads drop cloths over floors and room furnishings. Covers surfaces such as baseboards, doorframes and windows with masking tape and paper to protect surfaces during painting.
- Removes old finish using a scraper, chemical compounds or blowtorch.
- Fills nail holes, joints and cracks in walls with plaster or other filler.
- Washes surfaces prior to painting with mildew remover.
- Mixes paint and matches colors; uses brushes, sprayers or rollers to apply paint, varnishes, stains, and lacquers.
- Communicates effectively verbally or in writing with customers, peers and stakeholders.
- Supervises the work of sub-contractors when instructed; resolves most questions and problems, referring only the most complex issues to higher levels.
- Must maintain satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED plus of 5 years of residential/commercial construction or maintenance.
- Current driver license and clean driving record.
- Required to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- High school diploma or GED plus of 7 years of residential/commercial construction or maintenance experience.
- Painting and carpentry experience.
- Skilled in reading and comprehending simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Skilled in writing simple correspondence.
- Skilled in presenting information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Skilled in the use of MS Word at a basic level.
- Skilled in calculating figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commission, proportion, percentage, area, circumference and volume.
- Skilled in applying concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Skilled in applying common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Experience with dealing with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Skilled in applying mastery of skills in this area of specialization; adapts procedures, techniques, tools, materials and equipment to meet special needs.
- Experience with completing duties and tasks that reflect substantial variety and complexity.
- Skilled in effectively interacting with people at different levels.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and humid conditions, high, precarious places, outside weather conditions, extreme heat and cold and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Employment Opportunity
E. & J. Gallo Winery - 22 months ago
E. & J. Gallo Winery brings merlot to the masses. The company is the world's largest family-owned winemaker, thanks in part to such...