Facility Coordinator |
BASIC FUNCTION - The Facility Coordinator will work directly with the Facility Administrator. He will be qualified to operate or assist in operating all heating and ventilating equipment, engines, turbines, motors, combustion engines, pumps, air compressors, ice and refrigerating machines, air conditioning units, fans and siphons on the site assigned.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate, maintain and repair all boilers, heaters, pumps, valves, appurtenances, and lines used in the distribution of steam and heated or processed water.
- Operate, maintain and repair refrigerant compressors, condensers, evaporators, traps, transfer pumps, expansion valves, stop valves and float valves, together with all refrigerant lines and devices used to control temperature.
- Operate, maintain and repair pumps, handling brines or other secondary refrigerating liquids, together with all valves, appurtenances and lines used in the system.
- Operate, maintain and repair air compressors, together with distribution lines and all valves and devices for air control.
- Operate, maintain and repair all natural and manufactured gas distribution lines, including all valves and control devices.
- Operate, maintain and repair water filters softeners, piping and pumps used in conjunction with water distribution, including all sinks, toilet bowls, supply lines, drains and water lines.
- Operate, maintain and repair all types of electrical motors and engines used to power pumps, compressors and fans.
- Operate, maintain and repair of fuel oil systems including pumps, valves, lines, controls and fuel tanks.
- Operate, maintain and repair sanitary sewer systems, including sump pumps, basins, water closets, urinals and piping.
- Maintain and repair trash compactors, including electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Maintain and repair kitchen equipment.
- Maintain electrical power distribution and auxiliaries for the building’s lighting, mechanical, plumbing and control components including lighting maintenance.
- Maintain proper operation during seasonal changes and recalibrate controls based upon seasonal conditions to assure energy efficient operation.
- Maintain all equipment as required per the Preventive Maintenance Program. The Preventive Maintenance program will be scheduled to meet the manufacturer’s required services specifications.
- Life/Safety and security systems - Equipment maintenance applicable in Engineer’s scope will be included.
- Other duties and responsibilities as requested by Building Management.
- High School or Technical School diploma or certificate of completion
- Minimum three (3) years of facility maintenance experience
- HVAC State certification valuable
- Trade licensing valuable
- Knowledge of the methods, practices and techniques of maintaining buildings and facilities
- Knowledge of the equipment, tools and materials used in buildings and facilities
- Able to read and understand blueprints and drawings
- Able to assist in the maintenance of detailed activities and performance of service requirements
ABM IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER (M/F/V/D)
ABM (NYSE:ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $5.0 billion and 118,000 employees in over 300...