About the Facilities Coordinator Position:
(Please note that Oracle does not provide a relocation package for this position. Only candidates who are currently local to the Reston area will be considered for this opportunity.)
As Facilities Coordinator as Oracle’s Reston campus, you will be part of the Department that is responsible for office services operations in Reston that includes reception/switchboard, mailroom, space planning, general facilities, building management, engineering, and construction.
The primary areas of focus for the Facilities Coordinator are as follows:
- Space Planning/Audits/Move Coordination: You will work with space planning team on moves, space audits and working with LOB’s and vendors.
- Facilities Inspections: Familiarity with the basic functionality of office buildings and aesthetics is essential as you will be responsible for frequent facility inspections (interior/exterior) and coordinating repairs, teaming with individual employees and vendors.
- Phones: Coordinating all VOIP phone activities to include placement, assignment of new numbers, training new hires, troubleshooting problems, etc. In this capacity you will be working with individual employees and IT personnel.
- Application Data Entry/Coordination: You will work with many Real Estate & Facilities applications to maintain Reston’s data. As such, you should be familiar with working with web based applications and willing to learn new systems.
- Purchasing : Obtaining vendor price quotes, preparing purchase requisitions with accompanying justification, obtaining vendor statements of work, arrange for new vendor setup, prepare check requests and route requests to appropriate management level for approval. You will be responsible for maintaining adequate inventory of general office supplies including supplies for office equipment. Familiarity with monitoring vendor payment status to ensure purchase orders are not over-billed and vendors receive timely payment is essential to avoid disruption in service.
- A/V and Office Equipment: Ensure operational effectiveness of all equipment; coordinate repairs as required. Ensure installed AV equipment as well as portable equipment is functional; coordinate repairs as required. Assist in troubleshooting AV problems and be available to assist with spontaneous equipment requirements.
- Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Coordination: You will also be responsible for coordinating membership and training for 50 plus Emergency Response Team (ERT) members in Reston (employees that volunteer to help evacuate floors during an emergency). In addition, you will be responsible for the ERT programs, schedules, updates, training, and application updates, as well as ensuring all EHS, Federal & State government and OSHA posters remain up to date.
(Please note that the below is a general description of Office Service Support positions at Oracle. The above job description is specific to the instant role.)
- 3+ years experience in an administrative and/or facilities position.
- BA/BS degree.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to stay organized, perform work accurately and interact with internal customers.
Provides administrative support for the Office Services/Facilities organization.
Provides administrative and clerical support to relieve department managers or staff of administrative details. May coordinate messages, appointments, information to callers, file maintenance, department office supplies and mail. Researches, compiles and proofs word processing assignments. Operates automated office equipment.
Provides support in a variety of administrative settings. Works within defined procedures and routines with limited autonomy. Problem solving involves basic research and verification only. Accountable for achieving objectives for self and contributing to the work of others. 4 - 6 years of related experience.
Oracle - 18 months ago
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by
engineering hardware and software to work together—in...