Responsible for maintenance, operations and energy management of Washington Gas facilities and Watergate Plant. Requires the ability to be on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for unplanned emergency or system problems.
· Identifies, implements and validates improvement projects that reduce energy and green house gas (GHG) emissions.
· Develops sustainability goals and initiatives.
· Participates in capital project planning and the preparation, development and execution of long-range plans to preserve critical assets, optimize operations and address future facilities needs.
· Participates in the development and management of project budgets and scope changes to ensure that spending targets are met.
· Reviews operations and maintenance (O&M) and capital budgets and provides forecasts and variance explanations.
· Implements corrective, preventive and predictive maintenance programs and practices for all critical facilities assets.
· Participates in the coordination, development and acquisition of construction documents, estimates, bids, permits, license, fees, etc., on capital and O&M construction, renovation, repair/replacement projects and makes recommendations to specifications to ensure project integrity and compliance.
· Monitors and supervises project contractors.
· Participates in the design and space planning of office projects and in the management of various lease agreements as landlord or tenant; ensures continued supply of utilities to company and customer operations; coordinates project mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) start-up and systems commissioning.
· Identifies and maintains programs for safety and hazardous material handling and implements and documents all regulatory required inspections and testing, including corrective actions to address regulatory non-compliance.
· Represents Washington Gas in meetings with Watergate Council.
Job Description - Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering; BS in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
· A minimum of 2 years of experience in facility operations and maintenance, including the operation, maintenance and repair of facilities equipment (generators, chillers, boilers, building controls, air conditioning and heating equipment, UPS and battery charging/starting systems, air compressors, air handlers, pumps, elevators, electrical/pneumatic controls, electrical switchgear etc.)
· Demonstrated working knowledge of architectural drawings, building and fire codes, ADA requirements, asbestos cleanup procedures and contract management.
· Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and effective working relationships with business partners, supervisors and peers.
· Proven ability to use computer software and applications, including Microsoft Office and Siemens Insight, to share, retrieve, research and present business information.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex messages both verbally and in writing to diverse audiences at all organization levels.
· Demonstrated ability to successfully identify deficiencies and resolve disputes with Company contractors.
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining the integrity of all.
Washington Gas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability, or other legally protected status.
Washington Gas Careers - 14 months ago