Facilities Engineer I
The Facilities Engineer I oversees the day-to-day activities of the Plant Engineering (PE) function. He/She is responsible for cross functional interaction, process engineering, and overseeing and managing projects to ensure on time, on budget, and quality completion.
The Facilities Engineer I:
The primary responsibility for this position is managing function teams. This includes setting team goals, identifying and assigning personnel, and coordinating efforts for a productive and efficient team. He/She manages plant engineering projects and oversees system maintenance. This position develops budgets and manages finances. The Facilities Engineer I addresses and resolves facility issues to maximize productivity and accomplish the team’s mission.
- Manages facility maintenance and housekeeping operations
- Manages facility legal and regulatory compliance
- Ensures the continuous development of his or her workgroup
- Manages labor and employee relations activities.
- Acts as the project manager to ensure completion of PE projects.
- Reviews relevant financial data to create PE financial plans.
- Manages processing of invoices and other function expenses.
- Identifies and plans asset protection projects as required.
- Manages facility spare parts inventory to ensure availability during repair.
- Reviews employee grievances and ensures compliance with labor agreements.
- Implements alternative facility processes that result in improved efficiency.
- Coaches and develops others using career development processes and tools.
- Manages budgets and understands accounting processes to determine resources and allocates funds, monitors expenditures to budget targets and resolved discrepancies.
- Develops project plans (establishes goals, milestones and deadlines), identifies and allocates people and resources, organizes logistics and implementation, monitors progress, and resolves rollout issues to meet business objectives.
- Manages and performs routine maintenance of buildings, equipment, and grounds to ensure safety, regulatory compliance, prolonged service life, and appearance.
- Manages physical assets (e.g., machinery, vehicles, equipment, supplies). Evaluates, obtains and allocates physical asset resources, maximizes their use and projects future asset needs.
- Manages projects and programs including allocating people and resources, organizing logistics and implementation, monitoring progress, adapts plans, and identifies and resolves rollout issues.
- Manages and establishes working relationships with vendors (e.g., suppliers, consultants, contractors, etc.).
The desired Facilities Engineer I will possess a degree in Engineering or the equivalent in education and work experience.
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer.
UPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...