G&B Solutions, Inc., has an excellent opportunity for a Facilities Mainframe Support Specialist in Durham, NC:
This position is in Durham, NC and is Friday-Tuesday, 7am - 3:30pm
The resource will support the facilities management of raised floor computer room environments. The resource will assist the Agency in developing and implementing facilities.
Duties will include site development and maintenance in support of the following projects: any and all projects related to the ongoing support to allow for the migration tasks to support the existing Data Center and its ultimate migration to the new Data Center near Frederick, MD. This could also involve work efforts related to moving existing systems to the secondary data center in Durham, NC.
A significant percentage of the work must be accomplished during the off hours to ensure minimal, if any, disruption to the network.
• Analyze and make recommendations for all Division network hardware installations with regard to the physical and logical constraints of the hardware requirements
• Perform problem resolution
• Provide and maintain documentation of the environment including CADD drawings.
• Provide analysis, resolve network problem situations, and provide ongoing configuration decisions relating to the physical layout of the Date Center network infrastructure system
• Provide expertise in promoting the incorporation of state-of-the-art technology in network configurations and physical planning
• Recommend physical location and cabling configurations of the hardware and facilitates the implementation for all data center related equipment
• Perform cable installation
• Prepare designated work orders as necessary to modify the facility for installation of network equipment
• Install and remove equipment
• Perform computer facilities space and environmental planning
• Perform maintenance of equipment inventories, including RFID
• Update and develop specialized information reports as directed
• Produce weekly status of activities report
• Produce a Project Wrap-Up report detailing results of work performed under this Task Order. Project Wrap-Up report should summarize activities of projects involving network installation, problem resolution, network system configuration, equipment installation/de-installation, facilities space planning, and inventories
Coordinate the installation of mainframe and open systems equipment
• Prepare detailed mainframe migration plans to include a step-by-step approach to the relocation and delivery of hardware systems and equipment to the computer room, according to Agency established timeframes and parameters
• Develop complete site preparation documents for designated raised floor area
• Furnish all documentation to request building modifications/alterations necessary to install and operate hardware at the proposed site. Documentation shall include power requirements, panel schedules and scope of work. The resource shall physically verify that all facilities are properly prepared prior to the installation of hardware into such facilities
• Facilitate support activities which include certification of the following:
o HVAC systems, raised floor load ratings, verification of communications cable distance specification compliance, placement of floor tile cutouts, layout of chilled water lines and plan conformance to local codes, removal of floor tiles and physical movement/placement of the equipment
• Provide on-site inspection of the following: electrical service (including panel loads, outlets, power requirements and grounding requirements), Uninterruptible Power Supplies, HVAC requirements including humidity levels and supplemental requirements for equipment, security and fire detection systems
• Prepare the following: electrical service requirements, guidelines for determining power requirements and availability, guidelines for determining HVAC requirements and availability, guidelines for determining space requirements, guidelines for determining optimum configurations and layout, guidelines for determining cable requirements and lengths
• Perform verification of the following: cable layouts, lengths, and labeling of cables, physical layout of hardware and cables in accordance with proposed configuration charts
• Pack, insure, ship and receive designated office/computer equipment to any other Agency supported Data Center. This may be arranged through common carrier or other means agreed to by the Government
This resource will be expected to be able to perform/support all tasks with the primary focus being mainframe support.
The required qualifications are:
• Perform duties with minimal supervision
• Able to use mechanical tools such as hand tools and drills
• Able to use electronic tools such as meters and oscilloscopes
• Lift or move up to 100 pounds
• Life or move over 100 with assistance of others and/or mechanical lifts
• Knowledge of telecommunications links and modes of transmission of data including all cable configurations
• Ability to manufacture various cables on short notice
• Expertise in installation of servers, routers, switches, etc, and associated hardware, cable installation, and housing of equipment in cabinets
• Understanding of the setup and working of a multiplatform environment that includes knowledge of all types of mainframe equipment (Z196 processors), DASD and vendors tape drives and tape silos.
• Understand power requirements and connectivity of equipment via DICON directors, ESCON, Fiber, bus, and tag
The preferred qualifications are:
• Minimum of 5 years related experience in Mainframe Support
• History working in a government consulting environment
G&B Solutions, Inc. - 19 months ago