Innovative Staff Solutions is seeking an experienced
Facilities Maintenance Manager
for their client in Springfield, IL.
Facilities Maintenance Manager
will supervise and coordinate activities of employees engaged in the various processes of maintenance involving the repair, adjustment, and installation of CNC Machining Centers, Manual Mills, Manual Lathes, Gear Machines, industrial equipment, and production facility. Additionally, the Facilities Maintenance Manager will serve as a liaison between the Maintenance Department, CNC departments, Engineering, Quality, and Management.
- Oversee CNC Maintenance Technicians, 5S, Industrial Janitors, and other employees/contractors engaged in maintenance of RMC.
- Monitor employees’ work and review performance.
- Counsel employees about work-related issues and assist employees to correct unsafe conditions or violations of procedures and safety rules.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders, and Company policies, procedures, and objectives for employees.
- Determine schedules, sequences, and assignments for work activities, based on work priority, quantity of equipment, and skill of personnel.
- Recommend or initiate personnel actions, such as hires, promotions, transfers, discharges, or disciplinary measures.
- Conduct or arrange for worker training in safety, repair, maintenance techniques, operational procedures, or equipment use.
- Examine objects, systems, or facilities and analyze information to determine needed installations, services, or repairs.
- Use voltmeters and other testing devices in order to diagnose malfunctions.
- Disassemble machinery and equipment to remove parts and make repairs.
- Repair and maintain the operating condition of industrial production equipment and machinery.
- Reassemble equipment after completion of inspections, testing, or repairs.
- Analyze test results, machine error messages, and information obtained from operators in order to diagnose equipment problems.
- Install, test, repair, and troubleshoot various CNC controls.
- Maintain, install, repair, and replace electrical wiring, electronic wiring, and plumbing in the production facility.
- Maintain effective interface with operations supervisors and other departments (i.e., CNC, Engineering, Quality, Tool Room, Shipping/Receiving) to optimize production and process improvement activity.
- Compose and delegate daily and weekly instructions for all shifts and employees in the department.
- Communicate directly with Operations Manager and Human Resources on all employee issues.
- Investigate accidents or injuries and prepare reports of findings.
- Attend scheduled meetings and actively participate by providing meaningful input.
- Recommend and implement improvements in production methods, operating procedures, working conditions, and facility or equipment maintenance or modification, including the replacement of machines.
- Develop, implement, or evaluate maintenance policies and procedures.
- Review operations and confer with technical or administrative staff to resolve maintenance or safety problems.
- Advise Operation Manager of any department concerns to ensure thorough and effective department operation.
- Investigate root causes for equipment malfunctions, grounds and facility problems, unsafe conditions, and accidents. Identify corrective actions and coordinate implementation with key employees and management.
Requirements for the position include
- May assume the duties of CNC Repair Technician, Maintenance Lead, or 5S employee as needed.
- Actively participate in the 5S program, which is to Sort, Set In Order, Shine, Standardize, and Sustain in order to maintain a highly productive work environment.
- Utilize and abide by ISO requirements and safety procedures.
- Maintain a safe environment and address safety concerns according to current RMC policy and OSHA standards.
- Work to continuously improve in all areas such as safety, quality, productivity, cost, and employee relations.
- General fabrication welding.
Qualified candidates should submit resume to Christal at
for review. Only those candidates who most closely match the above requirements will be contacted for an interview.
- Technical school education or associate’s degree from an accredited institution. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience.
- At least 3 years of Supervisory or Lead experience preferred.
- Versatility of experience troubleshooting and maintaining 5-axis lathes, CNC vertical lathes, and CNC horizontal mills.
- Requires ability to read G and M Codes
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, mechanical drawings, and electrical schematics.
- Basic understanding of database user interface and query software
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Extensive knowledge of PLC’s, especially Fanuc controls, with experience working with Heidenhain, Okuma, and Allen Bradley CNC Controls.
- Ability to use the controller to diagnose problems with the machine tool.
- Ability to use a Megger or conduct Megger tests.
- Possess the ability and knowledge to rig and install Machines and other industrial equipment.
- Strong Electronic and Electrical Skills.
- Ability to read precision measuring instruments such as Micrometers, Calipers, Indicators, Levels, and Lasers.
- Familiarity with production/manufacturing methods and process improvements (e.g., 5S or Lean Manufacturing).