Responsibilities JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES SUMMARY
Under the direction of the Facilities Manager, the Facilities Maintenance Lead Technician supervises, works with and guides Facilities Technicians I, II and III within specific departments, as assigned and/or requested. Competently and professionally performs installations, preventive maintenance, inspections and repairs on one or more of the following, specific to assignments: HVAC systems (including various air handlers and special ventilation rooms), Building Automation Systems, Fire Systems, Pneumatic Tube Systems, Power Plant Equipment, Plumbing Systems (including steam, sewer, water and medical gases), Fire Alarm Systems, Electrical Systems, Mechanical equipment (including compressors, vacuum pumps, automatic doors, etc.), patient and medical equipment (including patient beds, various video and audio systems, stretchers, exam chairs & tables, etc.) and any assigned equipment relating to the general maintenance of the facility to ensure proper operation, function, safety and HIPAA regulation compliance.
PERFORMS PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE, INSPECTIONS, INSTALLATIONS AND REPAIRS ON ASSIGNED EQUIPMENT TO ENSURE THEIR PROPER OPERATION AND FUNCTION
upgrades. The PM program includes routine inspections, installations and repairs.
- Performs all assignments in a competent, efficient, timely and professional manner.
- Diligently performs assigned Preventive Maintenance and/or assigned system
blueprints using the scale provided with the prints.
- Performs general maintenance which may include, but not limited to, light carpentry, painting, light plumbing, changing of light bulbs and repair of minor electrical devices.
- Accurately troubleshoots, diagnoses and repairs problems at both a component and system level.
- Performs all installations and repairs in accordance with applicable codes, standards and S&W Healthcare policies.
- May act as a Team Leader in Facilities, responsible for assisting in daily operations.
- Participates in departmental on-call program as designated.
- May be involved in new building construction and accurately reads and follows
ACCURATELY AND LEGIBLY ACCOUNTS FOR PRODUCTIVE TIME USING THE DEPARTMENTS COMPUTERIZED MAINTENANCE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- Assist with set-up and implementation of department equipment and cross-training programs.
- Working conditions may include but not be limited to extreme heat or cold, confined spaces, heights, climbing ladders and stairs and lifting heavy items.
accurate recording of activities for code and regulatory purposes.
- Maintains all records, such as work orders, and necessary reports to ensure
- Accurately documents all Planned Maintenance inspections.
- Processes work requests and turns in completed work requests in a timely and
ENSURES PROPER CARE OF EQUIPMENT AND TOOLS ISSUED FOR MAXIMUM SAFETY AND PRODUCTIVITY AND ADHERES TO ALL PERSONAL SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
- With management approval, maintains a critical inventory needed to keep operations running and uses the electronic system to order necessary parts, devices, etc. to properly repair or complete assigned work orders.
- May be required to electronically process and close work orders.
Equipment required by the job.
- Diligently maintains all tools and equipment in clean, safe, working order and is responsible for any loss.
- Maintains adequate inventory of related parts to perform assigned duties.
- Maintains technical skills and required certifications to perform job duties.
- Responsible for increasing knowledge and training/teaching others.
- Adheres to all safety requirements and wears the proper Personal Protective
DEMONSTRATES A STRONG COMMITMENT TO THE PHILOSOPHY AND VALUES OF THE S&W HEALTHCARE SYSTEM
- Responds to emergency situations to ensure employee, patient and facility safety.
- Champions overall safety in the department. Reports possible safety issues and recommends appropriate changes.
- Responsible for safety and job-related training compliance of all Facilities Maintenance Technicians in their work group.
- Complies with OSHA, and other local, state and federal regulations. Complies with all healthcare regulatory agency requirements, such as TDHS & TJC, etc.
requested and needed.
- Maintains friendly, efficient, positive customer service attitude toward customers, clients and co-workers. Responds professionally to customer needs.
- Understands the urgency in healthcare and works cooperatively with co-workers and others on a day-to-day basis.
- Cooperates and collaborates with Scott & White leadership to champion and meet the strategic goals of the S&W Healthcare system.
- Adheres to S&W and the Facilities Department policies and procedures including appropriate attire, grooming and attendance.
- Willing to serve on departmental and/or S&W committees or focus groups as
- Attend meetings with other hospital departments when necessary.
- Interacts effectively, builds relationships and demonstrates a high level of
PERFORMS OTHER POSITION-APPROPRIATE DUTIES AS REQUIRED IN A
- Communicates effectively with Managers and Facilities Maintenance Technicians on a regular basis, formal and informal, to discuss possible changes or problems within S&W Healthcare, Facilities Department, the Preventive Maintenance program and/or related operations or equipment.
- Participates in the Peer Interviewing process to select new Facilities Maintenance Technicians within their work group.
- Participates in any rounding, counseling, etc. necessary for Facilities Maintenance Technicians within their work group.
- Responsible for editing and managing time in the computerized Time Management System, if applicable.
- Stand in for manager when manager is unavailable.
COMPETENT, PROFESSIONAL AND COURTEOUS MANNER
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Education: High School Diploma or GED required
Specialized vocational courses preferred
Training and Experience:
- 5+ years maintenance experience required
- 3 years supervisory experience
- State Master Electrical, if applicable
- TX Master Plumber or Electric, if applicable
- State Master Plumber, if applicable
- State & Local HVAC Registration & Certification, if applicable
- State CFC Technician Certification with Universal Rating, if applicable
- Electronics Certification, if applicable
- Locksmith Certification, if applicable
- FE Certification, if applicable
- Backflow Prevention Certification, if applicable
- Maintains a safe driving record
- Working knowledge of computerized maintenance, PM and work order systems
- To learn various software programs associated with Scott & White and the Facilities Department
- To complete and maintain any licensure or certification(s) required by the position.
- To read, interpret and follow blueprints, schematics, technical drawings or instruction booklets for building or installation of new or upgraded systems
- Possess strong technical, mechanical and problem-solving skills.
- Physically able to reach, lift, climb ladders, crawl or otherwise see and work in tight and/or dim places, as well as heights.
- Able to tolerate weather conditions ¿ extreme heat and extreme cold.
- To interact, instruct and communicate with all staff and management in English in a positive and professional manner.
- Willing to teach/train others.
- To communicate appropriately verbally and in writing using the English language.
- Able to attend/lead meetings with other hospital departments, consultants or contractors.
- To comprehend instructions, correspondence, memos and other forms of verbal and written communication.
- To read and follow instructions.
- To deal with difficult situations, resolve issues and concerns in a professional
- To work and accomplish tasks in a stressful, fast-paced environment.
- Maintain positive attitude and work ethic.
- Substitute for manager during managers absence.
Experience: 8+ Years
Degree: H. S. Graduate/GED Equivalent
License/Certificate: Texas Drivers License
Department: LlnHos Facility Svc
Standard Hours Per Week: 40
Job ID# 293300
Scott & White - 14 months ago