The person in this position is responsible for assisting members of the Maintenance staff and performance of routine facilities maintenance duties while maintaining a safe work environment.
Hourly Position: $15.65 Hours: Primarily Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, hours vary by season. Some weekend work as needed.
JOB ACTIVITIES /DUTIES
1. Organize and clean assigned maintenance areas and storage areas. Perform safety inspections and adjustments on shop equipment.
2. Perform building and routine maintenance - cleaning, painting, drywall repair, door maintenance, replacing light bulbs, unclogging drains, and making repairs when necessary.
3. Operate vehicles to pick up and deliver parts or supplies.
4. Assist Inventory/Purchasing Clerk; prepare crates for shipment, load/unload materials/parts and deliver parts or stock items to work areas. Assist in storeroom cycle counts.
5. Perform errands and miscellaneous duties as requested.
6. General external facility upkeep.
7. Participation in 5S, Kaizen and miscellaneous projects.
8. Work with and provide direction to contractors and vendors.
9. Assist Shipping/Receiving and MRO attendants.
10. Assist with management, inventory control, organization and cleaning of remote storage facilities.
11. Assist/backup filter changing in A/C and AHU units throughout the facility.
12. Snow removal and grounds maintenance. Sprinkler system maintenance and parking lot cleaning.
13. Assist with tagging of equipment and verification of prints and flow diagrams.
14. Perform any other assigned duties.
Education : High school diploma or equivalent
Experience : Three years of carpentry, mechanical, electrical and repair experience. Current valid driver's license.
Technical Skills : The ability to drive trucks in city traffic, ability to operate forklifts in confined areas, operate hand and power tools to assemble and disassemble equipment, operate shop equipment (mill, lathe, welders, etc.) and electrical test equipment. The ability to operate heavy equipment as needed to include, but not limited to, bobcat, rough terrain forklift, boom lift, scissor lift, yard dog tractor etc.
Attributes: Good communication skills, customer service oriented, high performer.
Ability to perform work requiring twisting, bending, lifting and carrying items weighing up to 100 pounds and the ability to regularly lift 30 pounds. Use push carts to pull/push up to 300 pounds once per day. Continuous movement throughout the plant. Extreme working conditions including high and low temperatures, wind, rain, snow and dust.
Ability to be self motivated and organize own work time. Ability to keep accurate and complete records. A working knowledge of and ability use computers with familiarity in computerized maintenance management systems.