Job Summary/Basic Function:
Under the guidance and direction of supervisor, the Facilities Maintenance Technician will assist all craft personnel with routine and preventative maintenance repairs on all college buildings, mechanical equipment, utility systems, and grounds work.
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Assist crafts personnel:
- Assist Carpenter in constructing cabinets, performing finish and trim work, building projects, pouring concrete, etc.
- Perform painting on carpentry, pipe, finish walls, etc. and tape and float walls, etc.
- Assist Plumber.
- Assist Auto Mechanic (i.e., gas vehicles, wash vehicles, etc.).
- Change filters.
- Perform other general maintenance work as required.
- Mow and trim lawn (weed eating, stick edging, and blowing sidewalks).
- Clear parking lots of trash.
- Handle weed control.
- Fertilize lawn, trees, and shrubs.
- Apply various pesticides and herbicides, as appropriate.
- Plant flowers, shrubs, and trees.
- Perform minor maintenance on mowers, edgers, and trimmers.
- Maintain underground irrigation system.
- Install and landscape on new projects.
- Prepare plants for special events.
- Trim and cut down trees.
- Transport equipment and material as required.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include:
- Assist moving crew and other craftsman as needed.
- Power wash buildings and windows as needed.
- Maintain pool and fountain as needed.
- Clean pool vacuum cleaner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- High School Diploma or equivalent ( GED )
- Five (5) years of related work experience
- Work regular shift assignment: Monday through Thursday 6:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Friday 6:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Different shift assignment may occur, depending on work assignments.
- Applicant must be able to work flexible hours on reasonable notice including days, evenings, and weekends.
- Must be able to successfully complete 5 CEU credits of Texas Department of Agriculture Approved Pesticide Applicator annually if needed.
- Must be familiar with industry safety requirements for tools, equipment, and use of personal protective equipment.
- Ability to utilize a weed eater, blower, mowers, chainsaw, pale saw, edger, and trimmer.
- Ability to utilize back hoe, front end loader, man lift, and other grounds equipment.
- Must be able to push, pull, lift, and carry loads of 50 pounds or more on a frequent basis; must be able to work from ladders and boom truck or man lift.
- Standing, sitting, kneeling/squatting, bending, stooping, twisting, walking, grasping/squeezing, reaching, including overhead reaching is also required.
- Applicant must be able to work in hot, humid, wet, and cold conditions as warranted.
- Able to work individually and/or in team environment with a minimum of supervision.
- Must be customer focused; continually improving customer service.
Experience in education, hospital, or customer focused industry preferred.
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume and cover letter.
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on page five (5) of the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.