Summary: Under the general direction of the Facilities Manager, or his designee, the Facilties Technician provides general maintenance support for City facilities. Responsible for repairing and maintaining building HVAC, electrical, security, lighting plumbing, equipment and commercial building systems. Assists with ensuring that scheduled maintenance is completed and coordinates projects with Facilities Manager and fellow building maintenance personnel.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbent(s) in this position. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties in this description and incumbent(s) may be required to perform position-related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description.
Essential Job Functions:
Other Important Duties:
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots and performs skilled repairs and general maintenance on HVAC, electrical systems, plumbing systems, security, lighting and equipment in City buildings and facilities.
- Provides technical guidance for supplies, parts and equipment and services requested of contractors for major repairs
- Maintains a schedule and performs preventive maintenance of building systems in City buildings and facilities.
- Monitors building operations and functions of the HVAC, electrical, plumbing and various associated systems.
- Assists in resolving facility problems and concerns.
- Ensures that work orders are completed in a timely manner and maintains records and reports as required.
- Completes daily operations reports and time sheets as assigned.
- Resolves maintenance and repair issues in a timely and cost effective manner, according to industry standards, relevant manufacturer’s specifications and in a safe manner.
Job Requirements :
- May be required to work evenings and weekends.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Regular and consistent attendance for the assigned work hours is essential.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Preferred Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- Knowledge of installation, maintenance and repair methods relating to commercial building repair systems.
- Knowledge of advanced commercial HVAC systems.
- Knowledgeable of electrical codes applicable to the installation, maintenance and repair of electrical circuits and wiring systems.
- Knowledge of pertinent federal, state and City laws and ordinances.
- Knowledge of use of computers,
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and drawings.
Environmental Factors and Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED and three (3) years experience in and/or vocational training that includes HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, building maintenance or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Preference given to individuals with 2 years journey level experience in electrical and plumbing. and/or Class B HVAC license.
- Must possess EPA Refrigerant Certification.
- Possess and maintain an EPA Refrigerant Certification.
Equipment and Tools Utilized:
- Work is performed in office and field environments.
- May be subject to repetitive motion such as typing, data entry, and vision to monitor.
- May be subject to exposure to extreme weather conditions, hazardous chemicals, fumes, infectious diseases, toxic waste, air and water borne pathogens, unsafe and unhealthy building conditions, and rough or unstable terrain.
- May be subject to extended periods of bending, reaching, kneeling, climbing ladders, lifting or carrying building materials when securing condemned or unsafe buildings, pools or other code related substandard infractions.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Equipment utilized includes: personal computer, cellular phone, copier, calculator, fax machine, other standard office equipment, standard power and hand tools, pager, two-way radio, drills, saws, roto-routers, grinders, furniture movers, hand tools, electrical meters, energy management system, and department vehicles.
City of Frisco - 10 months ago