Efficiently operate and maintain buildings, systems and equipment for various car rental locations. Interpret technical issues to prevent equipment and facilities downtime and proactively pursue building, equipment and maintenance related issue. Develop and maintain strong relationships with business unit customers and stakeholders. Facilities Maintenance Technician position requires administrative duties, working with tools to complete work orders as necessary, and maintaining maintenance metrics.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Respond quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed including nights weekends and holidays.
- Coordinate and Perform preventive maintenance tasks to minimize business interruption and ensure that buildings, systems and equipment meet or exceed their rated life
- Perform minor construction as directed by Lead Facilities Maintenance Technician and Facilities Management
- Record and maintain Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) data to develop maintenance history, plans, and account for labor hours
- Monitor service providers as directed by Lead Facilities Maintenance Technician and Facilities Management
Ensure that buildings, systems and equipment are maintained to standards for the business units
Adhere to facilities standards to ensure consistent delivery maintenance services
Manage Service Providers ongoing maintenance standards, quality and costs to ensure delivery is as contracted and is appropriate.
Support asset assessment programs to provide condition codes for capital planning and risk mitigation.
Ensure appropriate and consistent reporting of the facilities programs and issues to Facilities Management
The position plays a key role within North America in supporting preventive and reactive maintenance for the RAC business Units. The position supports the development of standards as directed by the Lead Facilities Maintenance Technician and Facilities Management for all preventive and reactive maintenance activities, capital expenditure requirements for minor projects, implement processes and standards and control cost, quality and efficiency programs.
Knowledge, skills and experience
High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Minimum of four years in a similar or related role and working with service providers
- Building and grounds general maintenance
- Understanding of systems such as electrical, plumbing, HVAC, car washes, vacuum systems and fuel stations
- Construction, repair and maintenance
- Computerized Maintenance Management Systems and PC skills such as email, Word and Excel
- Environmental considerations
- High level of building and grounds general maintenance
- Effectively communicate with all stakeholders
- Work in and with teams to provide necessary services
Candidates must be able to work in hazardous surroundings and at heights up to 60’. The employee will be required to safely walk, stand, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, see and hear.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions including wet, humid, cold, and heat. Work environment may include hazardous materials and conditions, high noise level and dust.
Hertz is a Drug-Free Workplace. All employment is contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening.
Apply for this job:
Your application choices are:
- Apply for this job online
- Email this job opportunity to a friend
- Add this job to your Social Network!
Hertz - 22 months ago
Hertz operates its car rental business through the Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly brands from approximately 11,555 corporate and...