ABM Facility Services is looking for a Facility Manager for our Irvine, CA location .
Position Summary: This position leads the effort to maintain and operate efficient electrical, mechanical, structural systems and building services ensuring a safe and healthy productive work environment. Other responsibilities include supervision of physical security, new construction, and space planning. This position raises effectiveness and cost efficiencies of facilities, safety and security services by managing contracts, vendors, suppliers and staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
(Ranked in order of importance)
- Develops and coordinates minor and major capital projects, and routine and long-range facilities maintenance projects/program
- Coordinates daily maintenance and repair request
- Manages emergency breakdown and business interruption facilities items
- Manages new construction, remodels, structural changes and upgrades to the facilities
- Assists in the management of Real Estate needs for the corporation including satellite office, warehouse lease acquisition and procurement of new sites
- Liaison to insurance company regarding Property Causality coverage
- This position is involved with office space expansions and modifications for both short and long-term needs of the company (includes providing AutoCAD drawing as required)
- Maintains environment health and safety programs for facilities including procedures for emergency evacuation, Fire-Life-Safety, first aid, natural disaster, and any other type of threats
- Maintains business licenses and operating permits for each site
- Responsible for site security, building access controls, video surveillance system
- Specifies and purchases furniture
- Specifies and purchases material handling equipment including racking
- Maintains database of conference rooms and equipment on Resource Reservations/Lotus Notes system
- Assists in Facilities related technical questions for Satellite Sales offices, (Atlanta, Grand Rapids, Ontario warehouses)
- Administers Hazardous waste storage and disposal program as well as underground fuel storage tank and service station equipment
- Monitors energy management systems
- Assesses and evaluates utility usage for cost effectiveness
- Liaison to Police and Fire department
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Must exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills
· Must demonstrate the ability to successfully prioritize and organize multiple, competing tasks
· Must be extremely detail and deadline oriented
· Must bring energy and enthusiasm to group or team efforts
· Strong mechanical aptitudes and working knowledge of electrical mechanical and plumbing systems
· Experience in preparing, forecasting and tracking budgets both Capital Expenditure and expense budgets
· Experience in the procurement and management of vendor services, such as, Janitorial, Food Service, Landscape, HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning), Pest Control, Construction contracts, etc
· Ability to manage vendors and staff (although they may not report directly to you)
· Ability to and experience in negotiating contracts
· Ability to read and understand blueprints and schematics
· Thorough knowledge in building, health and safety codes, OSHA regulations, ADA regulations
· Basic knowledge of voice and data transmission systems (cabling, routers, switches). Knowledge of Ethernet and Token-Ring LAN system function helpful
· Ability to assess ergonomics in the workplace
· Experience in the development of preventive and predictive maintenance programs helpful
· Certificates in Safety programs, Hazardous Material handling and disposal, First Aid, blueprint reading, AutoCAD is desired. Project management background preferred.
· Must be able to make judgment decisions and handle daily, routine responsibilities as well as react to emergency situations 24 hours per day. Must be able to adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
ABM IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER (M/F/V/D)
ABM (NYSE:ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $5.0 billion and 118,000 employees in over 300...