The Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh is seeking an experienced facilities professional with a solid understanding of facilities operations and building systems to serve as Facilities Manager for the organization.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Planning, supervising, implementing, and evaluating all Library related facilities services including maintenance, custodial, and security;
• Managing and responding to work order requests through the point of resolution, performing periodic visits to all locations to ensure that they are properly maintained, responding to incidents and emergencies as needed during working and non-working hours, and executing service contracts;
• Planning and estimating work requirements for facility improvement/renovation projects, developing and updating long-range capital plans, and ensuring that Library facilities comply with all existing local, state, and federal codes related to public facilities.
Requirements & Qualifications:
• Solid understanding of facilities operations and all buildings systems (HVAC, fire protection, and life safety systems);
• Ability to read and understand architectural and engineering drawings;
• Excellent organizational, supervisory, communication and project management skills;
• Experience in preparing requests for proposals, obtaining bids and executing service contracts;
• Ability to develop, monitor and work within a fixed annual operating budget;
• Proficient skills with Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word, and Outlook;
• Valid PA driver’s license;
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or related field;
• CFM certification preferred;
• Five years of progressive facility supervisory experience, related to the above description;
• Proven experience working with a security and custodial staff, contractors, subcontractors, and facilities related service vendors.
Work Hours: Monday – Friday; 7:30 am – 4:00 pm; evenings and weekends are possible
Salary: $60,000 - $80,000
Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh - 23 months ago