Founded in 1969, Flextronics International Limited has
grown into a $30 billion business and become one of the
world’s leading Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS)
providers that offers complete design, engineering, and
manufacturing services to aerospace, automotive,
computing, consumer digital, industrial, infrastructure,
medical and mobile OEM customers. With a network of
facilities in 33 countries and an employee base of over
a 230,000 strong, Flextronics helps customers design,
build, ship, and service electronics products worldwide.
Manages, coordinates, and oversees various functions for
the facilities organization including maintenance and
operation of building infrastructure, as well as
projects to setup and upkeep office, manufacturing,
warehouse, truck yards, parking, and landscaped areas
and equipment, as well as layout, arrangement, and
housekeeping of the aforementioned facilities. May
coordinate, manage, and direct the design, planning,
construction, maintenance and alteration of building
structures, equipment, machinery, - and other facilities
- Controls inter- building communication installations
- Supervises maintenance and alteration of all areas
and equipment within the building(s), as well as
layouts, arrangements, and housekeeping of all
- May oversee cafeteria and/or food service
- Analyses and standardizes various facilities
procedures to improve efficiencies.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules,
and expedites workflow.
- Assigns duties for subordinates/contractors and
examines work for conformance to policies and
- A portion of time is normally spent performing
individual tasks related to the facilities unit.
- Define the Facility Operational Budget and
Coordinates purchase orders within budget guidelines
and files monthly reports to accounting, corporate,
and/or facilities management.
- Maintain and operate building infrastructure, like
HVAC, Electrical and other utilities.
- Coordinate with Manufacturing and operations
departments the shop floor layout and execute
changes and setup lines and re-arrangements to
optimize space and improve efficiency.
- Coordinate maintenance works with Landlord as well
as to manage the Lease contract to ensure that all
the obligations under such agreement are observed.
In addition to performing or overseeing duties listed
above, the manager may perform some or all of the
following additional responsibilities:
- Inspects plant and evaluates use of space and
- Analyzes firm's HVAC systems, computer network
wiring, lighting and other factors.
- Plans, budgets and schedules various regional
facilities modifications including cost estimates,
bid sheets, layouts and contracts for construction
- Performs audits to support facility planning.
- Develops long range plans, conceptual designs and
capital outlay requirements and documentation for
- Formulates and coordinates program specifications,
requirements for proposals and contracts and
- Acts as liaison to public utility, environmental and
- Inspects construction and installation progress to
ensure conformance to established specifications.
- Reviews real estate contracts for compliance with
government specifications and suitability for
- Oversees the coordination of building space
allocation, layout and communication services.
- Oversees and directs maintenance personnel and
workers engaged in facility equipment installation,
facilities equipment repair and preventive
- Oversees development and updating of the Disaster
Recovery Plan and ensures site readiness.
- Oversees facilities safety and training programs,
first aid and First Responder program, Hazmat,
Lock-out/Tag-out, chemical handling safety, MSDS
data sheets, compliance to OSHA regulations.
- Oversees contracted cleaning services.
- Completes corporate, governmental and site
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum (MUST HAVE) Qualifications:
- Typically requires a Bachelor of Science Degree in
Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or
related degree or equivalent experience and
- Must have strong customer interface/relationship
skills, great negotiation skills
- Must possess excellent computer skills (Microsoft
applications (Excel, Word, PPT, etc.)
- Must have leadership, coaching and mentoring skills,
lead by example.
- Must have a desire to have “Win-Win” solutions, hold
people accountable, use Metrics and data
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and
possess a “can-do” with quality first attitude and
take “ownership” over Facilities Management
- Must be proficient in CAD.
- Experienced in Construction and Project Management
Desired (NICE-TO-HAVE) Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in facilities
and engineering related field.
- Experience in an Electronics Manufacturing
Headquartered in Singapore (Singapore Reg. No. 199002645H), Flextronics is a leading Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) provider...