California Institute of Technology
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Under general supervision, reporting to the Director of Maintenance Management and Energy Services, the Facilities Operations Associate supports all aspects of the maintenance management function in Facilities Management. Contributes to the success of the organization through business process mapping, process optimization, business analytics, performance measurement, integration of sustainability best practices for operations, financial analysis and reporting of metrics. Interacts with management, shop supervisors and leaders of every service and administrative unit in Facilities Management.
- Supports business process mapping and process improvement.
- Analyzes organizational alignment with organizational functions.
- Measures and reports customer satisfaction; optimizes customer service processes.
- Queries the computerized maintenance management system to extract performance information.
- Develops and tracks key performance indicators in the facilities maintenance program.
- Analyzes maintenance operations financial data to help ensure resources are appropriately allocated and budgets are aligned with requirements.
- Conducts financial cost-benefit analysis.
- Supports the asset management program through total-cost-of-ownership analysis.
- Analyzes alignment of facilities management practices with sustainable operations.
- Interacts with the campus Energy Management team in support of the Active Energy Management and the LEED for Existing Buildings Operations and Maintenance programs.
- Coordinates capital project transition to operations.
- Prepares and regularly updates standard reports related to facilities operations & maintenance.
- Prepares briefing sand presentation materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university
- One year of relevant experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Power Point, Outlook, Word Excel and Visio.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: jobs.caltech.edu
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, economics, or technical field
- Business administration knowledge including finance, or similar discipline preferred
- Experience in energy or sustainability fields
- College courses in engineering, project management and business administration preferred
- LEED AP or LEED GA a plus
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and engineering plans a plus
- Experience with maintenance operations business practices a plus
Caltech is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled Persons are encouraged to apply.
Copyright ©2013 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
California Institute of Technology - 30+ days ago