GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab8 is seeking highly skilled and motivated Facilities Project Engineers. These Senior Facilities Engineer Positions specialize in one of the nine Fab8 Facilities organization departments: UPW, WWT, Process System (Chem. & Gases), HVAC, CUB, Electrical, Instrumentation and Controls, Projects and Tool Hook Up. Each Senior Facilities Engineer insures that daily, weekly and monthly facilities activities are planned and executed to schedule. Additionally, they are accountable and responsible for all Fab facilities indices and overall output goals. The individuals will participate in team support of the design, construction, and ongoing projects related to Fab8 facility. The primary function of this role will be management and technical support of ongoing construction projects, tool hook up and operating activities at our facility. This role will also support the maintenance and servicing plans of the facility/building and manage warranties from construction projects, including those warranties from the original base build project.
The individual will report to the Fab8 Manager of Facilities and will be located at GLOBALFOUNDRIES in Malta, New York.
- Provide technical direction for consistent design on all building projects and tool hook up, and monitoring all aspect of the programming, design and construction of all projects and tool hook up for the Malta, NY site
- Design systems that provide a seamless facilities supply in some of the areas that include: UPW, WWT, Process System (Chem. & Gases), HVAC, CUB, Electrical, and Instrumentation and Controls
- Ensure that all designs and facilities are in code and regulatory compliance
- Support of a large multi-shift engineering, facilities, tool hook up and maintenance team
- Support all Fab 8 Facilities’ maintenance programs, processes and activities to ensure zero unplanned downtime for the facility and lowest cost solutions for maintaining a world class operation
- Participate on teams and oversee all renovations, modifications, repairs, and project related maintenance
- As required, act as GLOBALFOUNDRIES liaison with all external utility suppliers; key resource in utility supply and service negotiations to ensure no operational interruptions
- Work closely with the public authority relationships, general and sub-contractors, architects, other service providers
- Employ methods for quality improvement and project management for a continuous increase in efficiency of the work flows in the organization
- Contribute to a constructive, goal-oriented and effective cooperation with other departments
- BS Degree in Engineering and/or Project Management
- Minimum of 8 years of Facilities experience with a large multi-shift team, preferably in the semiconductor industry
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the Project Management of Large Scale Greenfield and Brownfield Projects
- Minimum of 10 years working directly with external parties and vendor for large projects and service contracts
- Experience with wafer Fab start ups in the semiconductor industry
- Minimum of 6 years of Tool Install and De-install in the semiconductor industry
- Minimum of 6 years of Tool Utility Related Decontamination Protocol in the semiconductor
- Experience with an EHS and regulatory compliance
- Ability to participate in complex projects across multiple disciplines
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Outstanding communication skills - both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization and experience in working with external constituencies
- Strong organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments
- Master’s Degree in Engineering and/or Project Management
- Experience with 200 - 300mm wafer Fab construction
- A strong understanding of building and fire codes
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).