Position Summary: Formulates, implements, and educates restaurant staff about facility maintenance and repair procedures, and otherwise supervises facility aspects of restaurant management at the market level.
In addition to following Chipotle’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
• As further described below, supervises facility maintenance and repair through monthly site visits and analysis of restaurants at the market level.
• Formulates and implements operating practices and preventative maintenance schedules for the safe, efficient, and effective management of restaurant facilities, including but not limited to grills, burners, HVAC systems, sinks, plumbing, electricity, and refrigerators.
• Develops procedures to be followed in the event facilities cease functioning, function improperly, or present a threat to the health and safety of employees or customers.
• Trains managers, crew, and other restaurant staff on how to manage, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair restaurant facilities; training is ongoing.
• Evaluates whether managers, crew, and other restaurant staff are correctly and consistently following facility maintenance practices and procedures, and whether retraining is necessary.
• Retrains managers, crew, and other restaurant staff as needed on facility maintenance practices and procedures and conducts detailed facility maintenance and repair seminars.
• Provides the General Manager, Area Manager, and Regional Facility Manager with comprehensive documentation detailing restaurant strengths and areas of opportunity, as related to facilities.
• Identifies specific issues which contribute to higher M & R costs or capital reinvestment costs and communicates these issues to the Regional Facilities Manager.
• Provides guidance to restaurants on how to maintain and update facility records.
• Performs minor equipment and building repairs on an occasional basis (e.g., in the case of an emergency or during routine monthly site visit).
• Performs “one year walk through” with Contractor and Operations.
• Serves as liaison between restaurants and landlords, contractors, and vendors when vendors are needed to repair facilities; helps Area Managers investigate, analyze, and determine whether to escalate facilities issues to the Regional Facilities Manager.
• Serves as the Facilities representative at manager meetings and is responsible for communicating information back to the Regional Field Manager and Regional Facilities Manager.
• Provides field support and communication to Development Department relating to Wynkoop and regional/market initiatives and needs as required.
• Assists with communicating contractor deficiencies on re-investment projects.
• Manages own parts and tools inventory and maintenance and is responsible for loss or theft of the same.
• Follows all Development Department guidelines.
• Depending on the needs of the business and/or department, may complete other duties as assigned to advance a particular project or resolve a business issue.
• B.A./B.S. in related field or an equivalent in education and experience
• Strong trade knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, electrical, & basic HVAC/ refrigeration
• Knowledge of rules and regulations governing facilities safety requirements
• Knowledge of fixtures, furnishings, and equipment as well as service maintenance costs and procedures for various building systems
• Demonstrated ability to manage and coordinate multiple schedules and plan work to facilitate timely achievement of results
• Ability to effectively, clearly, and patiently communicate and train facility maintenance and repair concepts
• Working knowledge of service maintenance costs and procedures for various building systems
• Clear Motor Vehicle Report
• Three (3) to five (5) years facility repair and maintenance experience
• Two (2) years formal or informal training on how to repair and maintain facilities
• Restaurant facility repair and maintenance experience preferred
• Management (formal or informal) preferred
CA-Los Angeles-Melrose Place-(01538)
7101 Melrose Avenue
Feb 1, 2013, 4:37:05 PM
When Chipotle first opened, the idea was simple: show that food served fast didn't have to be a "fast-food" experience. We use...