Under the direction of the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Health Sciences International (HSI), the incumbent will serve as Department Facilities Manager in matters related to space planning, moving services, equipment management, and safety within the Department. Incumbent will serve as resource for faculty, staff and lab managers in all areas of facilities management. Responsible for purchasing and departmental inventory management, maintaining and auditing departmental database for equipment inventory, performing equipment audits, and renewing maintenance agreements. Serve as Departmental Security Administrator, responsible for establishing access to ACT for new employees, changing access for existing employees as needed and terminating access when employees leave. Under the direction of the Financial Officer, responsible for accounting and fund management functions to include analysis of fiscal data and reporting. Consult with PI regarding proposal application. Analyze cost requirements of proposed projects, develop and recommend proposal budgets and budget justifications, as well as fiscal documentation preparation of various contracts and grants for federal, state and private organizations. Develop cost projections and subsequent budget. Perform financial year-end and project end close out reports according to agency and university requirements and guidelines.
Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule to accommodate global business hours as needed. May require international travel.
UC San Diego is an Equal Opportunity / Staff Affirmative Action Employer that values a diverse workforce and provides reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to coordinate and manage complex space planning and analysis, facilities construction, oversee project renovation, perform space utilization analysis, and project budget development. Ability to manage details of complex construction projects and moves.
- Previous experience of financial accounting/bookkeeping principles, purchasing, inventory, and all related functions for post-award administration from inception through close-out.
- Knowledge of Federal (OMB A-21), State, and UC rules and regulations and agency guidelines to ensure strict compliance with auditing and reporting requirements and translate them into daily departmental practices.
- Demonstrated skill in using common PC based software, including calendar, e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software. Demonstrated skill in working with vendors and UCSD technicians in resloving technical issues with all types of computer problems.
- Skill in the use of online computerized systems for business processes such as purchase order submission and approval, facility maintenance requests, and fund management and monitoring.
- Demonstrated skill in monitoring expenditures based on established budget. Proven ability to analyze complex situations, data and/or issues and develop clear and concise options, recommendations or reports.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to be flexible, yet able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Ability to prioritize workload to meet shifting deadlines and changing priorities with frequent interruptions.
UC San Diego Health System is San Diego’s only academic health system and is composed of UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest, and...