Are you stuck behind a desk 8 hours a day/40 hours a week and are just, well, OVER IT? Does every pore of your body exude passion about life and sports and people, backed up by the ability to manage tasks in an efficient and organized fashion? Every once in a while would you like to push your chair back from your desk and get outside? If this sounds like you, we may have the perfect spot for your working career.
Our company, a well respected, forward thinking, growth oriented property management firm located in Orange County with several offices throughout the state, is on the hunt for a Facilities Administrator. While there are many administrative aspects in assisting the Operations Director in the smooth running of an on-site community association, a vital part of the position requires monitoring the facilities (clubhouse, pool, tennis courts, weight room, and in a few of our associations, a lagoon, yes you read right – a lagoon) and ensuring they are in tip-top shape. One thing for sure, you won’t be staring at the top of your desk all day long!
This non-exempt position will:
• manage all customer service inquiries (are you good with people, even those who have turned their smile upside down?);
• take walks to ensure the landscape is esthetically pleasing and maintained by the contracted landscape company (do you have a good pair of walking shoes and don’t mind making your way up and down slopes?);
• upon returning from the ‘great outdoors’ be able to input the information into the computer system (Got skills?)
• occasionally take a drive through the community, or head to the store performing errands (is your California driver’s license current and you possess the State mandated insurance?)
• and, work within a cohesive team atmosphere to ensure the community vision is being supported by the highest level of service
As you can see, this isn’t your usual paper-pushing office job. It has paper, and certainly you will have to do some pushing, but it’s topped off with a variety of assignments that will keep the job interesting and rarely dull. In fact, if you are the successful candidate, and someone asks you ‘what’s your typical day like?’ you can truthfully say “My day is never predictable!”
If that sounds like music to your ears, contact us and see if this position can make your work life more interesting.
Assist in the facility operations at assigned onsite community to ensure: quality customer service is provided to the client, maintenance of facilities at a maximum level, and oversight of vendors for quality control and adherence to contracts.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS include the following. Other requirements may be assigned.
• Assist in the supervision of subcontractors assuring quality performance and compliance with contract.
• Ensure all customer service calls and related work orders are handled in accordance with established procedures.
• Project completion as assigned by facility manager, executive director and/or board of directors.
• Assist in the preparation of monthly reports to the board of directors. (Examples; Vandalism Report, Facility Usage Report, Facility Closure Report, etc.).
• Review and monitor community Policies and Guidelines.
• Ensure homeowner inquiries regarding facility usage are handled in accordance with procedure.
• Ensure application of all necessary safety procedures and legal compliance.
• Issuance of resident identification, access fobs, resident registration, and ensure appropriate computer and paper files are kept.
• Coordinate and attend, as requested, designated meetings or functions.
• Responsible for implementation of the Procedural Manual, and any other duties that may be required by supervisor.
• Review bid proposals, prior to supervisor and Board of Directors review.
• Represent professionalism and Merit's standards of operations to clients and fellow staff at all times.
• Verify and approve for payment service invoices for all non-routine invoices, subject to established budget guidelines and present invoices to facility manager in a timely fashion for payment.
• Conduct walkthroughs of all facilities weekly, and to direct responsible vendors for repairs in accordance with budget guidelines.
• Responsible for quotes for facility/asset maintenance per reserve study, and other items as deemed necessary.
• Provide input to supervisor for changes in maintenance, repairs, purchases or policies that may benefit community financially, decrease liability, or enhance homeowner satisfaction.
• Assist in the updating of Facility Maintenance manuals.
• Apply a pro-active approach to all areas of responsibility and strive for continued improvement and excellence throughout.
• Responsible for completion of applicable punch list items.
• Other items that may be required as part of job description based upon Board of Directors’ requests/Merit supervisor, or as deemed appropriate.
• Follow quality system procedures.
• Is committed to continual learning as evidenced by attendance at seminars, trade shows, training conferences, along with actively participating in learning opportunities presented by LMS.
• Has a minimum of two years of experience in property management and/or facility maintenance or closely related field.
• Has customer service experience.
• Displays strong written and oral communication skills.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
• Must be able to work independently and prioritize daily work load.
• Must possess strong customer service skills.
• Must be able to handle the deadlines and pressure of the position.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office.
• Must have the ability to effectively communicate with the Board, vendors and clients, verbally and through written correspondence.
• Must be resourceful and a creative problem solver.
• Must be detail oriented.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Completion of some college level course work preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Drivers License and State Mandated Vehicle Insurance
MERIT Property Management, Inc - 19 months ago