Under the supervision of the Recreation Supervisor for Adult Sports and general direction of the Sports Coordinator, provide evening onsite assistance to private rentals, officials, programs, program participants, and supervisor.
Examples of Duties:
• Serve as a representative for City of Bloomington; demonstrating a positive attitude while interacting and communicating with the public, program participants, and superiors in a professional manner. • Perform duties as the program liaison to participants including interacting with all users, providing solutions to issues that arise on site, communicate with supervisors and league officials, remind park users of the city rules/ordinances, and ensure facilities are adequately prepared for programs.
• Informs supervisors and documents on-site program concerns including scheduling conflicts, maintenance needs, and all other pertinent program related issues.
• Provide service to facility uses to assure their comfort and safety by assisting with private rentals, adult sports programs, league officials, and program cancellations due to weather or field conditions.
• Ability to maintain security of specific recreation facility, including opening and closing of facility doors and restrooms.
• Performs cleaning duties to recreational facilities and park area.
• Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with the public, program participants, league officials, other employees, and supervisors.
• High School Diploma or GED • Must be First Aid and CPR Certified by first day of employment.
• Experience participating or supervising recreational sports programs
• Experience working in recreation facilities and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
• Ability to work evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
Hours include nights and weekends at Bloomington Parks and Recreation Facilities. Primary locations include Dred Scott and Valley View Playfields as well as the Bloomington National Guard Armory. Hours will vary, approximate hours 10 - 20 hours per week.