This is a great opportunity for the right candidate who wants to advance their career with a proven industry leader. Trofholz is looking for a multi-faceted, energetic, organized, and detail-oriented person.
The successful applicant will monitor and manage electrical engineering projects for new construction, renovations, and improvements to real property facilities utilizing a professional knowledge of electrical engineering. This position is seated in Newport News, VA.
- Perform detailed preconstruction site surveys
- Prepare or review record as-built drawings at the end of construction
- Check electrical materials and equipment for conformance with specifications and requirements; conduct inspections as construction work progresses to ascertain that plans and specifications are being complied with; prepare or recommend any changes and modifications needed; and perform final inspections to determine that work is completed satisfactorily
- Maintain surveillance over construction contractors to ensure overall compliance with contracted specifications and schedules. Provide support in evaluating construction bids
- Develop and review specifications and schedules and negotiate for utility services during the construction period
- Inspect and oversee inspection of construction for compliance and resolve differences with Contractor
- Prepare and review change orders prior to contract modification
- Coordinate projects with engineers in other disciplines or with architects
- Apply knowledge of other disciplines to determine coordination required to ensure all design considerations have been addressed
- In conjunction with the primary duty of construction management, on a less frequent basis perform work in programming and base development, design, and operations and maintenance (O&M) functions
- Perform requirements programming in support of base development for O&M and military construction program (MILCON), to include validating requirements, performing economic analyses, and coordinating with the installation facilities board
- Prepare and review designs for a variety of real property facilities construction projects, determine design criteria, prepare cost estimates and time schedules, preparing architect and engineer (A&E) statements of work
- Perform a wide range of engineering duties surrounding O&M functions to encompass the maintenance, repair, upgrade, and operation of a variety of infrastructure facilities and utilities
- 5 years of relevant electrical engineering expertise
- Demonstrate a professional knowledge of electrical engineering concepts, principles, and practices and familiarity with other engineering disciplines and architecture
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work and think independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to speak, write and read English
- Active Top Secret government security clearance and the ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) accredited university
About The Company:
Trofholz Technologies is an award-winning, multi-faceted company offering excellent career opportunities in a diverse, creative, and fast-paced work environment. Building a career with Trofholz means joining a team of diverse, talented, dedicated and innovative professionals committed to serving commercial and government technology needs.
To apply for this opportunity please make sure to visit us on the web @ www.trofholz.com and click the career tab or you can apply directly to our career center @ http://trofholz.com/who-we-are/join-our-team.html .
We have been able to reach a high level of technical excellence by committing to strong company values and key success strategies. The “Quality, Commitment, Creativity, and Integrity” adage known as the “QCCI Creed” is widely conveyed throughout the company and has been instrumental in the success of TTI. These core values have enabled TTI to develop a respectable company culture that is demonstrated in every client engagement
Trofholz represents excellence in all we do from hands on interaction with our clients implementing innovative solutions, to developing customized training and professional development programs for our employees. We are a fast-paced organization seeking team players who enjoy meeting challenges. We offer competitive salary and benefits packages combined with a fun and challenging work environment.
Trofholz offers comprehensive health and welfare plans which include:
- PPO or HMO Medical
- Dental PPO with national network of participating dentists
- Vision coverage at no cost to the employee
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer Matched 401(k)
- Personal Time Off (PTO)
- Education Assistance
- 10 Paid holidays a year
Be More, Do More with Trofholz
Trofholz is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all federal and state laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding affirmative action requirements and programs.
Trofholz Technologies, Inc. is an innovative systems integrator and service provider with a solid performance reputation in five core areas:...