This position is responsible for planning and organizing various special events, handling sales and marketing, maintaining effective relations with user groups and the general public, and booking meetings and events at the City’s rental facilities, including Community Center, Brawner Hall and the Taylor Brawner House.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Provides direct pre-event consultation, event planning, and reservations for use in all rental facilities.
• Oversee sales and marketing of the city’s rental facilities including pricing, promotions, image/brand and profile. Develops marketing strategies and tools for promoting facility rentals.
• Develops, recommends and implements facility reservation processes.
• Participates in active development of local business relationships and community involvement.
• Maintains, updates, and publicizes the calendar of events.
• Evaluates organizational performance and recommends program improvements; maintains statistical data to support the department strategic planning process.
• Creates and modifies facility set-up diagrams and communicates directly with city staff and clients regarding event layout and needs; manages resources and personnel involved in “set-up” and “tear-down” operations; conducts post-event evaluations and recommends program, policy, and process modifications.
• Processes and inputs event bookings, payments and refund requests; inputs reservations data and logistics into specialized software program; processes contracts and basic financial documents including payments and refunds.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION
• Bachelor’s degree in recreation management, hospitality management, business administration, public administration, marketing, or closely related field; supplemented by three (3) years previous experience and/or training that includes recreation, marketing, event planning, facility/reservation, and customer service, with some supervisory experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
• Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Must be able to successfully pass criminal background and credit check.
Applications may be submitted by one of the following methods:
Fax (770) 319-5330
In person or by mail: City of Smyrna Human Resource Dept., 2800 King Street, Smyrna, GA 30080